Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

charlieluce

Old May 10th, 2020, 02:46 PM
I have two things that keep coming up in my games.

Minor: Could we have a way to add wealth directly in the Gear tab? Since I use milestone "No XP to level" eight of the nine players only use the Journal to add wealth. If not, could we please, please, please have some sort of positive indication when the Journal adds wealth? I am so tired of walking players through fixing their cash over voice chat after they click the button two or three times.

Major: Not having access to the PCs unless I own them is incredibly cumbersome. I understand that Lone Wolf doesn't want players to get their characters messed up by a bad DM on Roll 20 or something, but seriously, a player can make a copy of their character outside the campaign context before every game, during every break in the game, and while I haven't checked it I wouldn't be surprised if they could make a copy before every round of combat. I just want to access the copy of the character in my Patron campaign, the way I could access the copy of the character in my HLC campaigns. At the very least, could I get access to the Effects tab?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Zimrathon

Old May 11th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koro76 View Post
I love the idea of having my players' rolls pop up on my screen and I just click "hit" or "miss". Theoretically, this can all be done automatically, but the confirmation would help me control flow of the game, account for conditional modifiers and throw a description of the attack in.

Would also love it if this kind of feature would automatically apply reductions to incoming damage for the targeted creature, and let me roll defensive rolls like saves with the touch of a button (which could also automatically apply conditional bonuses).

The amount of time I would save in a session would be mind boggling.
Add my +1
Zimrathon is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Zimrathon

Old May 11th, 2020, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I have two things that keep coming up in my games.

Minor: Could we have a way to add wealth directly in the Gear tab? Since I use milestone "No XP to level" eight of the nine players only use the Journal to add wealth. If not, could we please, please, please have some sort of positive indication when the Journal adds wealth? I am so tired of walking players through fixing their cash over voice chat after they click the button two or three times.

Major: Not having access to the PCs unless I own them is incredibly cumbersome. I understand that Lone Wolf doesn't want players to get their characters messed up by a bad DM on Roll 20 or something, but seriously, a player can make a copy of their character outside the campaign context before every game, during every break in the game, and while I haven't checked it I wouldn't be surprised if they could make a copy before every round of combat. I just want to access the copy of the character in my Patron campaign, the way I could access the copy of the character in my HLC campaigns. At the very least, could I get access to the Effects tab?
++++1 The lack of this is almost a show stopper for me. At least make some form of edits available to the DM with an 'accept changes' option in some cases (for the player) and not in others. During combat I am extremely used to altering all Npc, mobs, and players HP on the fly, it's painful having to dictate and wait for them to update them.
Zimrathon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Mysteran

Old May 11th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimrathon View Post
++++1 The lack of this is almost a show stopper for me. At least make some form of edits available to the DM with an 'accept changes' option in some cases (for the player) and not in others. During combat I am extremely used to altering all Npc, mobs, and players HP on the fly, it's painful having to dictate and wait for them to update them.
I would also add the ability for a GM to apply conditions to a PC. It's even less drastic than modifying a PC completely, but it would be handy instead of me having to ask my player four times to put on a condition and hit the check box.
Mysteran is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Zimrathon

Old May 13th, 2020, 05:13 AM
I currently half manage combat in Roll20 and half in HLO because my players like to see each others rolls (I suspect some suspicion of cheating ).

If, when the stage is actively managing an encounter, any roll performed by the next player to act (at the top of the list), were to pop up on all players (and DM) Stage, exactly as on theirs, would be awesome and help take the first step away from Roll20 and towards HLO.
Zimrathon is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old May 15th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Quote:
I currently half manage combat in Roll20 and half in HLO because my players like to see each others rolls (I suspect some suspicion of cheating ).

If, when the stage is actively managing an encounter, any roll performed by the next player to act (at the top of the list), were to pop up on all players (and DM) Stage, exactly as on theirs, would be awesome and help take the first step away from Roll20 and towards HLO.
The biggest step being that HLO isn't a VTT......yet.
Koro76 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old May 17th, 2020, 02:13 AM
A minor thing compared to some of the requests, but when looking at the general feats, it would be really nice to be able to filter out the skill feats, leaving General Feats only on the list.

Shared Dice is the other thing that I would agree on, which has been mentioned here numerous times.
talsharien is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
danlswanson

Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:03 AM
Quote:

YES - very much agree. My wish list:

1) Shared dice rolls - when a cast member (PC, NPC, monster, etc.) makes a dice roll, it would sure be nice to have a chat window or something so everyone can see the roll (unless the GM marks it as a secret roll).

2) When a character ends their turn, it would be nice if the character window (I have mine pinned to the right) would update to the next character in the initiative. At the moment, the stage updates to the next character. But, I have to click on that character to see their info. Making that happen at the same time as the stage updates would be great.
danlswanson is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old May 26th, 2020, 02:38 PM
We need the ability to purchase Boons without Fame cost. Sometimes you can get them for free.

Edit: Never mind found the option to do so.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; May 26th, 2020 at 03:09 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
avagdu

Old May 30th, 2020, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Purchase Log
YES THIS!

I seriously don't understand how this isn't a thing, since it's fairly simple to implement.

In addition, allowing the journal to be sorted by date or title would be helpful; I've had to use pre-gens for a few games of Starfinder Society, and thus held the chronicle until my character was the correct level. Since the date sorting is actually functioning now, my journal is not in the correct order.

For society play, either put all the factions in the drop-down in the journal by default, and if it's not on the profile page automatically add it. If you wish them to only be added from the profile page, have them all added, already and allow the player to simply select their primary faction during creation.

After the Patron/Standard/Apprentice stuff was added, someone said that a way to allow multiple people to use the purchased content (families) was going to be added soon. Any updates on when this will be available would be awesome.
avagdu is offline   #30 Reply With Quote