Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thorax

Old March 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I spent many hours trying to find any easy way to add this feat:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cross-C...283.5e_Feat%29

I've not been able to come up with a working alternative that lets you pick two skills. I know how to make them class skills (for all classes) via script, what I'm having trouble with is getting the UI to allow selecting two skills. I even tried bootstrapping the pClassSkl adjustments to let them choose there (which I could live with), but I can't even get those to display properly.

I looked at the Expert class which seems like a good start, but that adds them to the class page and the feat above would need to apply to all classes and ideally you'd pick your skills once for all.

I've investigated having a freeform field to parse, but this looked like a scary rat's nest of trying to match skill names to their ids, etc.

Currently I'm giving up, making it a placeholder feat and asking the DM to add the class skills as permanent adjustments.

Any advice? How would you guys approach making this feat? I'm clearly not an expert with Hero Lab-- I understand a bit of it, but these corner cases leave me in the dark.

Thanks!
-thorax
thorax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
You'll need to make a feat and bootstrap a second Helper feat, each with the Skills selected for the dropdown menu. Then have a script assign the appropriate class skill tag. Look at the Education feet for something similar.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thorax

Old March 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
You'll need to make a feat and bootstrap a second Helper feat, each with the Skills selected for the dropdown menu. Then have a script assign the appropriate class skill tag. Look at the Education feet for something similar.
Lawful_g, you rock. Thanks.

Indeed- thanks for pointing me to the Education example(s) (specifically I looked at the one from Legend of the Twins, for anyone following after me). I was hoping I could avoid having to pull in an extra feat, but even when I tried that before I couldn't get it working. It's much better than not doing it, though. After some fighting, I was able to emulate the Education style and it works rather well now.

Thanks again,
-thorax
thorax is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM
No problem.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote