Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old April 12th, 2011, 06:52 AM
So I'm working on some feats from Complete Psionic. Several of them require the character to be of a specific race, such as the Dromite, Elan or Maenad which are all from the srd. All of these races are available, but when I try to create the pre-req expression, HL states they don't exist. I'm certain I'm just missing something in that I can't figure out what the actual tag should be.

The expression I am using is:

Code:
@valid=tagis[Race.Racename]
If I replace "Racename" with "Dwarf", it works fine. If I try "Dromite", "Elan" or "Maenad" it says the tag doesn't exist. I've tried looking at the srdpsi_races file, but I can't find what the tag should be. I'm either missing it altogether or HL is messing with me. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sendric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Create a character of those races, then go to the develop menu and click on "Show Hero Tags" then scroll down until you see the Race.Whatever tag for that race. I think, though this is off the top of my head, that the core races have Race.whatever, but others have Race.rWhatever or none if they don't have a certain entry in the editor for Counts As Races.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 13th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Thanks, Lawful. I had been rooting around there a few days ago and never came across anything. I took another look this morning, and it appears none of these races have a Race.whatever tag. I can find the one for Dwarf, Human, Halfling, etc, but there is nothing for these races. Is there a different way to determine what your race is? I tried substituting wGroup.rDromite, but that didn't seem to work (though it did compile at least).
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 13th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Races aren't created with a race tag by default. Do a copy replace and make a new tag on with the "Counts as Races" button. I think dromite is in the community files already, don't forget to leave notes as to what you change.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 15th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Thanks, Lawful. I couldn't find the races in the user files (though in truth I didn't look around that hard). Since I need to make a CPsi - Races file anyway (to add the Synad) I just did a replace id and added in the "Counts as Races" thing. That seems to have done the trick. I'll source these races (except Synad) to both SRD Psionics and Complete Psionics since these races are all SRD.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 15th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Ah, for future, the Dromite is in the "Custom - Races Core Mods" file.
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 15th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Ah...fair enough. I can make an update to those if you think that would be cleaner. For now, I just wanted to get something that worked.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote