Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

nylanfs

Old August 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm seeing somethings that could be improved upon so I thought I'd request them (and no I haven't purchased the prog and SR set yet.

1) When adding cyberlimbs, if you haven't written your physical stats down you can't flip back to the summary screen to double check. It would be REALLY handy if the base stats were listed in the customization screen.

2) By RAW, all modifications going into a cyber limb must have the same grade. If you have already customized the limb it would be nice if all the modifications would already change to that grade.

3) If you have already removed the wireless and RFID option from the base cyberlimb there should be an option to automatically relay those settings to sub modifications.

2b & 3b) Actually why not just have a option on the cyberlimb option to automatically translate the modifiers applied directly to the cyberlimb to any sub modifications.

Last edited by nylanfs; August 15th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
nylanfs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM
BTW I REALLY like the identity and lifestyle section.
nylanfs is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LooseCannon

Old August 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM
4.) Please consider adding a recoil compensation setting to the firearms listing. Some weapons have "efficient design" RC, and selecting a gizmo or other option will presumably only cause issues once the Arsenal data set is built/released. I suppose you could also just create a "efficient design" gizmo and have RC get applied that way...
LooseCannon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old August 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
That's detailed in Arsonal, so I would imagine that that modifier would be included in that dataset.
nylanfs is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Making starting contacts optional is something I would like to see.

Also it would be nice to be able to set a Maximum on Starting Equipment Nuyen along with Rating and Availability.

I am running a 300 BP campaign, and my players do not start off with contacts, they earn them through the course of the campaign. Their goal is to become either a contact for other runners or reach the 400 BP level for a professional runner. My group is limited 5 BP of equipment to start off with, equipment rated at 3 or less and availability less than or equal to 4R. Real ghetto level gaming, but its turned out to be really fun for my group.

Last edited by RavenX; August 16th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old August 17th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Making starting contacts optional is something I would like to see.
I believe this was done in the last update.
Peter Smith is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
The system still reports a validation error for Resources Unspent: Contacts when you don't use them.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
1) When adding cyberlimbs, if you haven't written your physical stats down you can't flip back to the summary screen to double check. It would be REALLY handy if the base stats were listed in the customization screen.
Good idea, I've added this to my to-do list.

Quote:
2) By RAW, all modifications going into a cyber limb must have the same grade. If you have already customized the limb it would be nice if all the modifications would already change to that grade.
This error was previously reported on the bug reports thread, and is on my to-do list.

Quote:
3) If you have already removed the wireless and RFID option from the base cyberlimb there should be an option to automatically relay those settings to sub modifications.
To get this effect, before you purchase the cyberlimb, find the line on the bottom right in gray that starts with "Defaults: " - click the wrench and hammer icon to the left of that and change the wireless and RFID on/off defaults. Then, while you're purchasing the cyberware, the same settings will apply to the modifications you purchase. Just remember to change the defaults back before moving on to your next purchase.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
4.) Please consider adding a recoil compensation setting to the firearms listing. Some weapons have "efficient design" RC, and selecting a gizmo or other option will presumably only cause issues once the Arsenal data set is built/released. I suppose you could also just create a "efficient design" gizmo and have RC get applied that way...
Actually, in the editor, make a copy of the Ares Alpha, and at the top right, press the "Fields" button - you'll see that the "wpRecComp" field there is set to 2. You can apply the same thing to other weapons, creating a new entry in the Fields button for it. Leaving that field off the normal list for ranged weapons was a mistake, and I've fixed it for the next update. Thanks for catching that I missed it.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
For the contacts, here's what I've changed for the next update;

take a look at the Personal tab, at the Permanent Adjustments list there - you'll see that there are adjustments that allow you to house rule the size of many of the other pools that are used in character creation. I've added a new adjustment to that list for the contacts pool, so that you can increase ito to 3 if you like, or drop it to 1 or 0 (or, heck, increase it to 10).
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote