Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lunacorva

Old January 2nd, 2022, 12:04 AM
This site was really helpful for my last questions:

Is there a way to have the statblocks/PDF's display your abilities according to what action they use?

So your free actions are grouped together.

Your move actions

Swift

Standard, ect.

Also can I change what information is displayed in the statblock/sheet.

For example, if I want to give more information to them on an ability.
Lunacorva is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 2nd, 2022, 08:41 AM
AFAIK, there is no way to customize the output of the built in stat block.

There is a way to create an entirely customized character sheet and AncientOne has created such a sheet. See this thread. It's not perfect as it parses the XML output that HLC generates and HLC doesn't indicate which gear items are inside of a container, so you lose that information (and multiple bug reports on this have gone unanswered by LoneWolf, so it won't be happening at this point). Otherwise, someone with knowledge of HTML and JavaScript should be able to reorganize the content in pretty much any way you want.

Not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sure, but I hope it helps.
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lunacorva

Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post

There is a way to create an entirely customized character sheet and AncientOne has created such a sheet. See this thread. It's not perfect as it parses the XML output that HLC generates and HLC doesn't indicate which gear items are inside of a container, so you lose that information (and multiple bug reports on this have gone unanswered by LoneWolf, so it won't be happening at this point). Otherwise, someone with knowledge of HTML and JavaScript should be able to reorganize the content in pretty much any way you want.

Better than nothing, and thank you.
Lunacorva is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lunacorva

Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:49 PM
Quote:

Only problem is I can't find the link to actually DOWNLOAD his customiseable sheets.
Lunacorva is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 3rd, 2022, 12:53 PM
Sorry, I've been looking for a lead and I haven't found one!

I tried generating some output from the one I have installed, but there are no links in it other than this thread (well, the one I linked previously). I thought there might've been something generic like the third-party update URL.

I also looked around for the original source file for the same reason (which I think has to be named "output.xml") but I couldn't even find that?! Clearly it's installed, though.

I tried the various menu options for managing automatic updates and it doesn't show up in any of them, so I must've installed it "manually", prior to the automatic updates being available (although I have v4.14 which is the latest).

I use the Wayback Machine and looked at the thread back in 2015, but no links found there, either.

I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else can chime in with where to look.

Last edited by Azhrei; January 3rd, 2022 at 12:57 PM.
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 3rd, 2022, 02:18 PM
When I do Find Updates in HLC I see "AncientOne's Pathfinder Sheet (V4.14)" in the list. I had no problem downloading and installing it into my fresh installation of HLC on a new laptop, and I see it under Custom Output when I load a PF1 character.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lunacorva

Old January 3rd, 2022, 08:11 PM
Alright! I now have Ancient One's sheet installed. Now, how can I organise it so it shows abilities by action time? Like in this sheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Lunacorva is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 4th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
When I do Find Updates in HLC I see "AncientOne's Pathfinder Sheet (V4.14)" in the list. I had no problem downloading and installing it into my fresh installation of HLC on a new laptop, and I see it under Custom Output when I load a PF1 character.
Doh! Yep, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacorva
Now, how can I organise it so it shows abilities by action time? Like in this sheet:
Well, as I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei
Otherwise, someone with knowledge of HTML and JavaScript should be able to reorganize the content in pretty much any way you want.
You'll need to look through the source code for the sheet and understand how it access the XML data. Once you have the data, the time requirement can become a key (aka property) in a JavaScript object where the value is a list of everything with the same requirement. Now they're all grouped together. The last step would be to iterate over the list and print them out.

I looked at the code for this sheet a long time ago as I had some tweaks to make to it. It's laid out pretty well, as I recall, but my quote still stands: "someone with knowledge of HTML and JavaScript" should be able to adapt it. That might be you, or might be someone else in your gaming group. Or maybe someone here on the forum?
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lunacorva

Old January 4th, 2022, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Doh! Yep, thanks.

Well, as I said...

You'll need to look through the source code for the sheet and understand how it access the XML data. Once you have the data, the time requirement can become a key (aka property) in a JavaScript object where the value is a list of everything with the same requirement. Now they're all grouped together. The last step would be to iterate over the list and print them out.

I looked at the code for this sheet a long time ago as I had some tweaks to make to it. It's laid out pretty well, as I recall, but my quote still stands: "someone with knowledge of HTML and JavaScript" should be able to adapt it. That might be you, or might be someone else in your gaming group. Or maybe someone here on the forum?
Okay. So I need to find someone who knows HTML or Javascript.
Lunacorva is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Phantom Stranger

Old April 16th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Quote:

Yep. Unfortunately AncientOne hasn't posted since 2019. The sheet is broke in some parts but eh.
Phantom Stranger is offline   #10 Reply With Quote