Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dentaa

Old October 11th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Ok, just started using Realm Works, feel like a kid on christmas morning everytime I open it... :0

Few questions.

1. Players syncing with my DM version. How does this mechanism work? I am a database programmer, one of my players is a java programmer and a third is tech support for a large software package and none of us exactly grasp the mechanism here... Do I have to sync then they sync? Or will it auto update theirs after I sync and there is a new iteration in the works that will change it how?

2. What am I missing here? I have 1 realm. When I am in it working and I want to log off BUT want sync it first what is the correct process? Does ctrl+s save the realm? Is there a sync and save feature somewhere I am missing?
dentaa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old October 11th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaa View Post
1. Players syncing with my DM version. How does this mechanism work? I am a database programmer, one of my players is a java programmer and a third is tech support for a large software package and none of us exactly grasp the mechanism here... Do I have to sync then they sync? Or will it auto update theirs after I sync and there is a new iteration in the works that will change it how?
You must first sync your changes to the server. Then, your players can sync from the server, and they'll see your changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaa View Post
2. What am I missing here? I have 1 realm. When I am in it working and I want to log off BUT want sync it first what is the correct process? Does ctrl+s save the realm? Is there a sync and save feature somewhere I am missing?
At the moment, you cannot sync the realm while still working on it. The (slightly unwieldy) process is:
1) Save your changes
2) Choose to "Switch Realms" (which will bring you back to the initial screen with the list of your realms)
3) From there, you can sync one or more of your realms to the server

Hopefully Lone Wolf will streamline the process for us at some point.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote