Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gutjak

Old September 21st, 2015, 02:11 AM
Will I still be able to use HL if I update my ipad to IOS9?

I remember when the Ipad upgraded to IOS8, or was it 7? HL wasn't ready for the new OS.
Gutjak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2015, 07:47 AM
Yes, the iPad works on iOS9!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 21st, 2015, 10:35 AM
I can confirm I have been using it sense iOS9 came out and so far working great. So feel free to upgrade. The new multitasking options are really nice....

Now if only HL would go to into portrait mode.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gutjak

Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:37 AM
Thanks.

I will update when I get home :-)
Gutjak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
The Spider

Send a message via Skype™ to The Spider

Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:05 AM
I'm experiencing continual crashes running HL on an iPad 2 just updated to iOS9. I'll try removing HL and reinstalling it, but any other ideas if that doesn't work? I really need to get this working before a big Con at the weekend...
The Spider is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
I'm experiencing continual crashes running HL on an iPad 2 just updated to iOS9. I'll try removing HL and reinstalling it, but any other ideas if that doesn't work? I really need to get this working before a big Con at the weekend...
-Close all apps.
-Settings-General-iCloud. Choose and Log out of 'Find my Phone'.
-Open Settings-General-Reset and choose 'Reset all Settings'.
This will reset your password and your touch ID but it clears all old preferences and cache files. If that does not help the final option is a restore of the device.
Tekwych is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Is there anything you can do to reduce the memory load on your iPad? How many characters do you have in each portfolio? On an older iPad, I do not recommend putting more than one character in any portfolio, because the older ones have so little RAM compared to a desktop or to a newer iPad.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
The Spider

Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:32 PM
OK, I've done what Tekwych suggested, and I also uninstalled/reinstalled Hero Lab, and reimported the portfolios. I have 17 characters, and a single character in each portfolio.
I have the latest v12.3 installed, all PF, plus the PF Basic Pack v3.14. Again, it's an iPad 2, running iOS 9, latest version of HL for iPad.
The character I'm trying to run is a mythic character for playing in Wrath of the Righteous. After a few minutes of the app being open, it crashes with no message. Whether I reinstantiate from the background, or dismiss it and restart it, it makes no difference; it still crashes out after a minute or two whether I am interacting with it or not (if I just load the character, and then leave it sat there, it still crashes out). If I've been using it in some way, to record changes in play, sometimes those changes are still there after it crashes, and sometimes they're not.
It looks as though other characters are fine, and don't crash out, so I'm thinking that this is an issue with either the mythic ruleset, or the PF Basic Pack (I'm using some options from that), or their interaction. Given that it crashes out without interaction, it sorta smacks of a memory leak perhaps, in one of those implementations.
Any further suggestions?
The Spider is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
The Spider

Old September 22nd, 2015, 07:27 PM
Well, after another restart, it seems to have stabilized. Hasn't crashed after about 15 minutes of being open, and a bit of interaction. Fingers crossed but looks like it's fixed. Thanks for the advice.
The Spider is offline   #9 Reply With Quote