Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

daplunk

Old February 4th, 2017, 04:30 AM
Hi Team,

A quick video this week.

Realm Works - Creating Random Tables

daplunk

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 4th, 2017, 11:21 AM
This video is a perfect example of why you need to enter all the topic titles before you even bother making something like tables or lists. Sadly, I am still cleaning up most of the realm because I never bothered to do it in the first place.
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 4th, 2017, 04:37 PM
It's why I haven't done stuff like that. I simply don't spend time entering all that stuff into RW on the mechanics side. I'd rather spend my time building my world.

I'll get the basic magic items from the CM, I hope, and then add pics as I need them. I don't do loot tables since I determine all the loot for all the encounters before hand to control both what the PC's have and to control the PC's wealth.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 13th, 2017, 03:13 AM
I expanded on the topic of random tables tonight in a new video. This is cool as with a single click from within Realm Works you can get a list of random treasure, npc names, taverns, etc.

Realm Works - Using Inspiration Pad Pro To Generate Random Table Results

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 13th, 2017, 03:39 AM
Turns out you can do a very similar thing with the Donjon website.

Realm Works - Linking To Donjon From Realm Works To Display Random Table Results

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old February 13th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Another excellent video as always! Thanks

I am looking at moving to Fantasy Grounds since it was announced the Content Market will not carry WOTC APs and I just don't have the time to enter a book that large in Realm Works and it appears that's my only option to purchase WOTC AP online. Totally different learning curve than Realm Works.

For Realm Works I just watched a few videos that Ken and You posted and I was rocking and cranked out LMOP pretty quickly and was able to integrate it to Hero Lab almost seamlessly after watching that video. Watched the Syrinscape video, got that working in a matter of minutes too.

You guys have done an awesome job on the video series.

Thanks again.
gaffneyks is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 13th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Keep in mind that they have not said that they will not support Wotc content. Instead they have said they they cannot support Wotc until a license agreement is put in place.and that these discussions take time.

Ive looked into FG and it does not look like a great campaign manager. The learning curve looks quite steep to be honest while the ability to manage data is rather restricted.

Hope to see you back should the Wotc license get signed.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 13th, 2017, 05:32 PM
I've used earlier versions of FG and other VTT's. RW and VTT's are not the same thing.

In some cases they may be converging, FG is clearly moving into RW's domain, but they have a long way to go before they will be comparable.

FG and other VTT's are great for running a game where people aren't face to face or where everyone is comfortable watching a screen rather than pushing mini's but RW is still far superior for giving the GM the ability to run the game outside of the tactical scene.

I understand that if all you want to do is buy the next hardcover campaign from WotC and run it that RW may not work too well for you in the short term but I have to believe the LWD is doing everything they can to sign a license with Hasbro. It just may take a little longer than we'd all like. I am sure there will be stuff you can use in the CM soon after it launches even if it isn't WotC.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Cursed

Old February 14th, 2017, 03:49 AM
From what I've understood, RW is is using html (5?) under the hood? If it comes with working javascript engine, random tables (pulling data from json-files or whatever) would be really simple to do.
Cursed is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 14th, 2017, 04:09 AM
There is no javascript that we can access.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote