Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old February 5th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Maybe LWD should say that they don't officially support the "fast track" version of Windows 10, since it causes so many people problems. ;-)

(Personally I don't see why you'd want to be on the fast track, rather than the stable track anyway.)
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old February 5th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Excellent suggestion you've added much to the discussion. Ignore the problem rather than fix it. By your line of thinking the better resolution would be to remove the DRM.
evdjj3j is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 5th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Well before installing any update from the fast track I can recommend you to ask for a license reassignment before doing so. Secondly it is your choice to run a TEST build of Windows on your computer. So issues are more then understandable.

That said I am running the fast track since the beginning and never ran into any of your issues. It is always reset within 24 hours from my request (exception if it is the weekend outside their hours). Besides that Windows/hero lab never randomly lost it's license for me. So there is a bigger chance it has to do with your set up/things you do. Then with either Windows or Hero Lab

Last edited by Togainu; February 5th, 2016 at 05:36 PM.
Togainu is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2016, 08:01 AM
@evdjj3j, it looks like our support staff responded to your license reassignment request with a fix late Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
Excellent suggestion you've added much to the discussion. Ignore the problem rather than fix it. By your line of thinking the better resolution would be to remove the DRM.
While I understand you're frustrated, our forum rules still apply. Please ensure that your posts remain respectful and civil. The post above is neither.
liz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old February 8th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I don't see how my post was uncivil or disrespectful. Farling suggested that Hero Lab drop support for me, I find that rather disrespectful seeing how much money I have spent on the software. Liz, you can see my license, you know how much I've spent and it is not a small amount. I am also locked in demo mode again.
evdjj3j is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 8th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Well what was disrespectful about it was the sarcasm towards his suggestion to Lonewolf basically to not officially support the "fast track" insider builds. This in all honesty is a valid thing for a company to do.

The reason being for that is that the "fast track" is nothing more then test/beta builds from Microsoft. These test builds can introduce bugs that cause for example license server communication issues that aren't the fault of Lonewolf (Take the fast track builds from before the last major release for example). Which they handled nicely in all honesty by offering a beta client to the insiders that helped bypass that issue.

That said they aren't necessarily required to do so. After all they never announced they would officially support insider builds. So no Farlings suggestion was anything but disrespectful. He just mentioned that Lonewolf maybe should officially announce to (not) support it. With that I kinda would lean more to what he is saying to not support the fast track besides license resets (I am a fast track user myself and would fully understand their decision if they did so).

You also posted you aren't a member of the insider program anymore. Meaning his suggestion wouldn't affect you to begin with. Cause you wouldn't be on the fast track.

Last edited by Togainu; February 8th, 2016 at 04:29 PM.
Togainu is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old February 8th, 2016, 05:08 PM
I just reinstalled Windows. I had turned off the Fast Track updates but I still was getting them. I am now on a non fast track build so we will see how things go once my license is unlocked again. While I'll give you my post may have been a little disrespectful, it was in no way uncivil.
evdjj3j is offline   #17 Reply With Quote