Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Farling

Old November 29th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipwhaa View Post
Hi Farling. The importer is amazing. Thank you. I just started working with Foundry and had the importer working wonderfully. Then I borked everything up and am doing a fresh install of Foundry and now the importer isn't making my actors anymore. And for the life of me I can't find the folder I'm dropping them into anymore. I'm on a Mac which makes it that much more fun to find things. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting again? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
I haven't tested importing .por recently, I'll check that it is all still working with the latest version.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zipwhaa

Old November 29th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Hi. It looks like the problem is a custom magic item. I was able to import a fresh character so I think we're good. Thanks for getting back to me.
zipwhaa is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 30th, 2021, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipwhaa View Post
Hi. It looks like the problem is a custom magic item. I was able to import a fresh character so I think we're good. Thanks for getting back to me.
If a custom magic item is causing the problem, could you PM me a link to the .por so that I could have a look. I thought that it was importing all items properly.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
glyn5ash

Old December 9th, 2021, 05:52 PM
Sorry to be such a newbie. Have used HL for years, but new to foundry.
I have imported and activated your module, but have no idea what I am supposed to do after that. Have read through this thread, but can't see where I can create a folder in the module configuration page.
Trying to transfer pf 1e to foundry.
Thanks for any help.
glyn5ash is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 10th, 2021, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyn5ash View Post
Sorry to be such a newbie. Have used HL for years, but new to foundry.
I have imported and activated your module, but have no idea what I am supposed to do after that. Have read through this thread, but can't see where I can create a folder in the module configuration page.
Trying to transfer pf 1e to foundry.
Thanks for any help.
On the compendium page of Foundry there is a button with a label that mentions importing from realm works. Pressing this will open a window from where you can select a file. Select the .por in that window and it should create actors from that .por file.

Farling

Farling is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
glyn5ash

Old December 10th, 2021, 11:13 PM
Thanks so much for that. Once I looked in the right folder, it was all there :-)

Last edited by glyn5ash; December 12th, 2021 at 07:10 PM.
glyn5ash is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
PAtman21967

Old January 26th, 2022, 04:20 AM
Either I am doing something wrong or this does not work properly. It fails to create items in the appropriate places. In a Wizard .por file, it fails to include spells, in some .por files I imported, it does not import the class. I could use some help
PAtman21967 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
PAtman21967

Old January 26th, 2022, 04:26 AM
It does not seem to be importing the items correctly. Armor and weapons are in the wrong spot and are unequip able. In on e case, it did not import the class of the sheet. And in the case of my spell caster characters, it did not import the spells at all. I'm a newbie as well and I suspect it's me, but I could use some help.
PAtman21967 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 27th, 2022, 01:15 PM
The importing of Actors works best if you have the "Pathfinder 1e content" module installed in Foundry, so that the configured items can be set properly on the actors.

Farling

Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
DaZer01337

Old January 17th, 2023, 08:19 PM
Just started prepping a new campaign and saw your module. Very exciting stuff, however when I go to use/view the imported actor, I can not double click it to bring up the character sheet. The character in question has a red label 'Linked' under it's name.
I tried importing a pre-gen character from HLC (Amari) and her token/actor works fine (no 'linked' tag under her name).
What the heck does 'linked' mean and how do I fix this?
Any help would be awesome!
DaZer01337 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote