Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Merion

Old June 7th, 2017, 12:28 AM
I finally tried to convert my legacy realm to pathfinder.

I made a copy of my realm and hit the convert button. Unfortunately somewhere near the end, RW crashes with the "Tag cannot be deleted" message in the crash report. I've sent the report, but wanted to ask here too, if this is a common problem and if there is a way to find out which tag is the culprit, so I can delete it before conversion.

I hardly ever use tags at all, but I did create some tags in the early days, when places could not yet be tagged as river, mountains or such. I thought I removed the manually created ones by now, but I suspect this might be a reason for the crash.
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 7th, 2017, 01:53 PM
There is a symbol against the tag name which indicates if it is a predefined tag or a locally created one. This is a simple way to ensure all your custom tags have been deleted.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old June 7th, 2017, 05:38 PM
This is *exactly* the problem that I've had. You're only the second other person to mention it. But with multiple people starting to see this, hopefully they'll be able to figure out what it is and fix it.

Farling, are you saying that a realm cannot be converted if you have any custom tags in it? I've never heard that before, and I think it would probably be a pretty big deal if that were the problem--lots more people would be experiencing it.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 8th, 2017, 01:05 PM
No I'm not saying that :-)

I'm only pointing out how to find out if you still have any custom tags in your realm; in case you think that you've got rid of all the custom ones.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old June 11th, 2017, 12:34 AM
Well, for now I deleted the copied realm and keep using my legacy realm as I need to go on with campaign building and preparing the next sessions.

But I will keep an eye out for old tags and delete them as I go. Maybe I'll have more luck at some point in the future.
Merion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote