Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Turamarth

Old January 2nd, 2021, 06:13 AM
Hi All,

I have win in a Pathfinder Society Scenario a Feat :

FEY INFLUENCE FEAT 5
Rare
You have been exposed to powerful fey magic. You become trained in primal DCs and spell attack rolls. You gain the fey
trait and one of the following features which grant an innate primal spell that can be used once per day.
Anteater You can launch your tongue forward as a deadly attack, gaining grim tendrils.
Dryad Your body is covered in elegant vines, granting you summon plants and fungi.
Gremlin You have long, bat-like ears and gain bane.
Monarch You have vestigial, insectile features and gain spider sting.
This feat gains the trait appropriate for your ancestry (human for human, goblin for goblin, etc.)

Somebody can tell me a way to added this feat in Hero Lab ? And be able to select this feat on my character sheet.

Thanks
Turamarth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 2nd, 2021, 08:49 AM
I'm sure someone can figure out how to do this through adjustments, but I can't. Hopefully someone else can help.

You probably know this but remember that your Chronicle Sheet doesn't give you the feat, it gives you access to the feat. You can choose it the next time you gain a level that gives you a 5th-level feat.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2021, 09:18 AM
You can't add the spell itself to your character yet (unless your character already has primal innate spellcasting - like from other ancestry feats, in which case that spell may be able to be piggybacked into the existing setup), but here's what can be accomplished in HL:

On the Ancestry tab, in the Ancestry Feats, add the "Custom Feat" option, and rename it Fey Influence, and copy the description text into the Notes section.

On the adjustments tab, in permanent adjustments, choose "Add Trait", and choose "Fey"
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 2nd, 2021, 09:33 AM
Mathias, unless I missed something, Custom Feat is fixed at level 1. Any chance we can get custom feat to be level-adjustable?
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2021, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Mathias, unless I missed something, Custom Feat is fixed at level 1. Any chance we can get custom feat to be level-adjustable?
What game effect does it have to change the feat level? The only thing it affects is what level you need to be to take the feat in the first place, right? So adjusting the level would just be cosmetic - make the display match the original.

I've added this to the to-do list, along with being able to set the traits on that feat.

Last edited by Mathias; January 2nd, 2021 at 09:50 AM.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What game effect does it have to change the feat level?
It would help keep track when retraining so people would know what level feat they can swap out.

It's not just cosmetic—it would be displaying wrong data. The benefit of HLO is that it makes things easier and helps me build accurate characters. There more things that display incorrectly, where I have to remember that what's showing is actually something else, or grouping incorrectly, which slows one down when sorting through options, the less valuable HLO becomes. Even not being able to use simple formatting in custom descriptions, so keywords like Trigger and Effect can be bolded in a stat block, slows things down.

I understand there are a lot of user features people are clamoring for, but UX and display accuracy aren't cosmetic. UX was what originally lured me away from PCGen to HLC many years ago.

Last edited by mototom; January 2nd, 2021 at 11:29 AM.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old January 2nd, 2021, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
It would help keep track when retraining so people would know what level feat they can swap out.

It's not just cosmetic—it would be displaying wrong data. The benefit of HLO is that it makes things easier and helps me build accurate characters. There more things that display incorrectly, where I have to remember that what's showing is actually something else, or grouping incorrectly, which slows one down when sorting through options, the less valuable HLO becomes. Even not being able to use simple formatting in custom descriptions, so keywords like Trigger and Effect can be bolded in a stat block, slows things down.

I understand there are a lot of user features people are clamoring for, but UX and display accuracy aren't cosmetic. UX was what originally lured me away from PCGen to HLC many years ago.
Good luck trying to convince ANYONE at LW that UX or how something looks to a user really matters; I mean, one need only look at the *only* character sheet you can use in HLO (the printed on I mean) and see how atrocious that is. If they cared about it, it would have been fixed a long time ago.
mastratton is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2021, 01:50 PM
If we didn't care, I would have had so much more time these past few months :P
Daniel V is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old January 2nd, 2021, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
If we didn't care, I would have had so much more time these past few months :P
Funny, but not a real refutation of my point. Despite the fact that some believe everyone will use this tool while playing, the fact that it went down while I was playing a game at Gen Con and thus had to rely on a printed character sheet makes a good, reliable character sheet even more important. And I would venture a guess that I’m not the only person who either uses a physical character sheet or at least has one just in case.

Having a useful character sheet and not that horrendous one that we have been forced to accept would be a good start, but despite numerous threads and requests (not just by me by others) it still has not happened.

So you tell me what what I’m supposed to think.
mastratton is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old January 2nd, 2021, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
Good luck trying to convince ANYONE at LW that UX or how something looks to a user really matters; I mean, one need only look at the *only* character sheet you can use in HLO (the printed on I mean) and see how atrocious that is. If they cared about it, it would have been fixed a long time ago.
They have always left Better Character Sheet design up to the users, Which I think now is an actual option.
Dragnmoon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote