Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Kaze3173

Old January 7th, 2016, 07:37 PM
I tried to access my Hero Lab after reactivating the license after installing the Unchained file.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.
The following errors occurred:
Invalid package file ‘C:/ProgramData/Hero Lab/data/pathfinder/ClassUncSummoner.pkg’

Then I hit okay and it takes me to this

The following errors occurred:
Invalid package file ‘C:/ProgramData/Hero Lab/data/pathfinder/ClassUncSummoner.pkg’

I tried to load the Unchained category but I forgot that I don’t own the Advanced Player’s guide for it on here, but I’m still unsure if it would be as simple as going into hero lab and removing the update

I’m not sure what to do, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Kaze3173 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old January 8th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Removing the update via the tools "manage third party updates" mechanism should / will eliminate the error and restore your Hero Lab to a working status.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 8th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Removing the update via the tools "manage third party updates" mechanism should / will eliminate the error and restore your Hero Lab to a working status.
The error is he getting is a CORE hl error nothing to do with the Community Packs at all.

@Kaze3173 You best bet here is to reload Pathfinder again. You can do this by going to updates and downloading Pathfinder again and let it install. The other way is to go to your C:\ProgramData\HeroLab\download\pathfinder.hl if your on windows and double click on the Pathfinder.hl to do the install again. Something messed up one license file and a reinstall of Pathfinder "should" fix the issue. If not you will need to contact LW support as nothing anyone can do about .pkg files on the forums.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kaze3173

Old January 8th, 2016, 01:45 PM
It worked, thank you!
Kaze3173 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 8th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze3173 View Post
It worked, thank you!
Awesome!

Today is like some freak moon as dozens of issues with HL I have had to help with today. I have gotten emails, forum posts, PMs and even emails from LW. Some days I really think I should get paid for this stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 8th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Awesome!

Today is like some freak moon as dozens of issues with HL I have had to help with today. I have gotten emails, forum posts, PMs and even emails from LW. Some days I really think I should get paid for this stuff.
Wish we could, but we probably can't afford you!
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Calabris

Old January 8th, 2016, 06:33 PM
trouble with herolabs after update.
File: PFRPG_The_Modern_Path_MSRD.user (line 5769 - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cHelpMSI') is what causeing it to go hay wire. All the things I have added and other things are missing when i load my character. Please help.
Calabris is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 9th, 2016, 07:30 PM
You need to update to the new MP. I posted the zip files here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modern_Path_2_Jan_07_working.zip (893.4 KB, 5 views)
Frodie is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 27th, 2021, 05:19 PM
This seems like some thread necromancy.....but I have just started running into a similar problem.

I recently updated Expanded Options, Shapeshifter's Handbook, and Spheres of Might from Drop Dead Studios, as per their recommendations before installing USoP, and now I'm getting messages that the Data File could not be loaded due to errors. So it's in Recovery Mode now....and I can't get it out of Recovery Mode.......which has also resulted in ALL my user generated content no longer being accessible.

This happened right before I was to run my game for the night, so I have to cancel, as I can't access the NPC and monster stats I've built.

I tried following the instructions from this forum for using the "Manage Third Party Updates" tool to remove updates, and I removed the updates I installed for those three modules, and the original error went away....but now I get a completely different error with those modules.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Another error with Hero Lab.jpg (341.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Hero Lab error.jpg (353.0 KB, 3 views)
Aril is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 27th, 2021, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aril View Post
This seems like some thread necromancy.....but I have just started running into a similar problem.

I recently updated Expanded Options, Shapeshifter's Handbook, and Spheres of Might from Drop Dead Studios, as per their recommendations before installing USoP, and now I'm getting messages that the Data File could not be loaded due to errors. So it's in Recovery Mode now....and I can't get it out of Recovery Mode.......which has also resulted in ALL my user generated content no longer being accessible.
You are still having errors relating to SOP... not HL itself. Until you stop having errors, HL will always load in demo mode and none of your packages or user files will load.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #10 Reply With Quote