Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Hey Farling

I dloaded this tool and it is awesome, but is there any reason that it won't convert some snippets, like Labelled Text and hybrid? Is it that the export does not store that information?
I'm still working on all the various snippet types - not all are properly sorted yet.
I thought that I had the "labeled_text" snippet sorted, but I will have another look later.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I would recommend CSS for this, as it would allow users a standard way to customize things.
I was thinking about something like CSS. I could easily include that as a separate file, and add a button to load your own CSS.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I was thinking about something like CSS. I could easily include that as a separate file, and add a button to load your own CSS.
Right, separate file, like I did with mine, so all anyone has to do is edit the CSS file, and it customizes the whole doc. But I think you'd need to include (like I did with mine) a base CSS file so if a user wants to load their own, they know what tags you're including in the XML and can modify their own CSS file accordingly.
EightBitz is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Right, separate file, like I did with mine, so all anyone has to do is edit the CSS file, and it customizes the whole doc. But I think you'd need to include (like I did with mine) a base CSS file so if a user wants to load their own, they know what tags you're including in the XML and can modify their own CSS file accordingly.
This.

First it would be a real pain to go through an entire directory pf HTML files adding the same line over and over again.

Second having a base CSS tells people which tags you use so they can tailor their own overrides.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Version 1.2 has been released.

1) Separate web pages can be created for each topic, with a single index.html providing a summary of the containing hierarchy.

2) The HTML output is generated with a separate "theme.css" file which describes some basic styles.

3) A maximum width can be specified for images, in which case images which are wider than the limit will be reduced in size using a binary fraction to cleanly reduce the image size (e.g. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16th).

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 25th, 2018 at 05:16 AM.
Farling is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2018, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Rather than starting from scratch I would hope people interested in such would continue work on EightBitz's project.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57418
I thought it was worth mentioning that I haven't looked at EightBitz's scripts because they are covered by the "Creative Commons Attribution + Non-Commercial license" license, whereas my tools are covered by a GPL license.

It keeps things neater if there is no direct sharing between the two.

Farling

Farling is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2018, 04:33 AM
I've just run this tool on my Skulls and Shackles realm, which has an RWoutput file size of 426,177 KB and it didn't crash :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Version 1.3 now supports almost all snippet types. The notable exception is hybrid_tags since I don't see how to generate them within Realm Works.

Separate files are created for objects in the realm which aren't simple picture or smart images.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 25th, 2018 at 05:15 AM.
Farling is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 25th, 2018, 02:19 AM
Version 1.5 has just been released which adds better support for smart images.

- The reveal mask is used to dim the parts of the image which are not revealed.

- Although no PINs are drawn on the map, their locations on the map are now links to the corresponding topic.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 25th, 2018 at 05:15 AM.
Farling is offline   #29 Reply With Quote