Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old November 11th, 2014, 03:46 AM
**Deleted double post**
Chemlak is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
kad

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:32 AM
This survey that multiple people keep mentioning, has it come out yet? Neither I nor my wife (we each have independently registered copies of RW) have received anything on it and as we're both in the "pick custom calendar for all 10 choices" camp we definitely want to fill it out.

-K
kad is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
This survey that multiple people keep mentioning, has it come out yet? Neither I nor my wife (we each have independently registered copies of RW) have received anything on it and as we're both in the "pick custom calendar for all 10 choices" camp we definitely want to fill it out.

-K
Another post indicated first week in December.
weogarth is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post

-K
We're shooting to get it out this upcoming week or the next one. Rob and I are putting it together, and we both had various holiday obligations that made it difficult to finish up this week. However, we're both back in the office next week and the survey will be a main focus for both of us. We'll be sending out an email to Realm Works users once its out, as well as post here and on social media. Keep an eye out!
liz is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old November 28th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
We're shooting to get it out this upcoming week or the next one. Rob and I are putting it together, and we both had various holiday obligations that made it difficult to finish up this week. However, we're both back in the office next week and the survey will be a main focus for both of us. We'll be sending out an email to Realm Works users once its out, as well as post here and on social media. Keep an eye out!
I hope you, Rob and the rest of your staff had a great time with your families.
weogarth is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 29th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
I hope you, Rob and the rest of your staff had a great time with your families.
Indeed!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
nichollsr

Old November 30th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Just to add my 2cp.....give us a Calendar !!!!! :-)
nichollsr is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
I've not gone through the entire thread, so if this has been covered before, apologies.

I think the calendar needs two things.

First to be able to paste dates directly into the field. Only, I think this needs to be tied to the Gregorian format. Then you can change the date to whichever calendar you want.

Secondly, a method to change more than one date snippet at a time, from one calendar to another.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 1st, 2014, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Secondly, a method to change more than one date snippet at a time, from one calendar to another.
I like that idea, though I am hoping for a global one as well... It would be very useful(FMC) to be able to switch from one date to another as described early on in the RW beta conversations... not to simply switch calendars and insert data from that perspective. But to have the flexibility to have a date in one calendar system and be able to see where that coincides on another calendar system... if that makes sense.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:15 AM
Wouldn't the underlying data stay the same whatever the calendar?

Thinking about it a bit more, what I'm really grasping at is the ability to change which calendar is displayed for the data in the snippet. If I were doing it, I would have the data stored like in spreadsheets. (As integers for dates and decimals for time.) Have the base calendar set as Gregorian, which hopefully allows for the date to be shown as dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy, then if the calendar is set to Golarian, RW will show the Golarian date.

So what I'm really saying is that I hope there is, 1) a way to bulk change the displayed date to the calendar you want, 2) set snippets to display the calendar you want in the category stucture, so they can be entered as Gregorian if you want, and 3) pasting of date data, which would have to be in Gregorian format, but then the calendar displayed would be the one you want.

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #180 Reply With Quote