Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TerminusWolf

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Im currently working on creating an arcane familiar / eidolon hybrid for an arcanist archtype that Im making but I cant seem to get it to work right. This is my first time working with the editor and I cant seem to figure out how to make the new type appear under "Companion Type" under "Companion Class Helper" or "New Companion Type". Is there something I need to do to link it to those lists? I already tried adding "CompAvail" as both a field and a tag but that didnt work....
TerminusWolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:59 AM
You need to place a CompAvail tag on the Companion Class Helper, and then have your archetype apply the same CompAvail tag to the arcanist Class Helper at First 400.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TerminusWolf

Old September 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
You need to place a CompAvail tag on the Companion Class Helper, and then have your archetype apply the same CompAvail tag to the arcanist Class Helper at First 400.
I have the tag set for the Companion Class Helper but Im not sure what you mean when you say First 400.
TerminusWolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 14th, 2015, 02:09 PM
First is a phase, a 400 is a priority. The phase and Priority of eval scripts determines what order they occur on a character. Add an eval script to your archetype at that phase and priority which assigns the tag to the class it is affecting. For example

First 400
Code:
      doneif (islinkage[varies] = 0)

perform linkage[varies].assign[CompAvail.WHATEVERTHETAGIDONYOURCOMPANIONIS]
Obvously, change the all caps appropriately.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote