Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Togainu

Old October 29th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Just a heads up to everyone on the Insider fast ring. There is a new build out for Windows 10 (10576 build).

Beta version Hero lab (7.3 build 574)
Update server: Working
License server: Working

Current live client Hero Lab (7.3 build 572)
License server: Working (As confirmed by ForNextI)

As such the assessment I will have to make is that both the beta and normal version of hero lab are fully functional in the new fast ring build. The slow ring however probably still needs the beta client till they get build 10576. So for the slow ring if you are on build 10457+ and lower then 10576 you will probably still need the beta build and should contact Lonewolf.

Also a note to everyone else: Somewhere in November Microsoft intends (if no delays) to push a new update for Windows 10 all together so be warned that complications might arise.

Last edited by Togainu; November 3rd, 2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: updated status
Togainu is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
ICTerify

Old October 30th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Just a head up, I am running into an issue with the current Beta of HL (7.3 build 574). I have requested license reassignment, got it and it still cannot connect to Lone Wolf servers to retrieve my license. I made no firewalls were blocking the application and even reinstalled Hero lab to make sure the update did not do anything. I do have a ticket open with support on the issue and I am just waiting to hear back from them. I have a secondary computer so I am not without HL. Got to get ready for next weeks game.
ICTerify is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old October 30th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Just woke up and tried my license reset and it works just fine (updated my earlier post with this info). So it seems something else might be causing your issue currently then just the build here. Hope support can help you out
Togainu is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
ForNextI

Old October 31st, 2015, 11:42 AM
I've got Win10 10565 and HL_73 -- and they are still not playing well together.

Because I tried to fix the connectivity issue by upgrading to HL_73, I can't even run in Demo mode, as I can't even connect to download. It has now been over a month of limited use and now complete non-functionality. I'm forced to run my characters off increasingly more out-dated PDF's.

Do I need a newer version of HeroLab? Not sure my build number it just says "HL_73" on my install .exe. Is there some way to get the newer builds other than through the Hero Lab app interface? Seems support is backlogged as I've never gotten a response to any of my e-mails re: this situation, so just trying to see if the forums have a solution...
ForNextI is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
ICTerify

Old November 2nd, 2015, 03:27 AM
Update: Support was able to work out my issue, something on their end was not allowing my license to be reauthorized, they corrected that and all is working again.
ICTerify is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForNextI View Post
I've got Win10 10565 and HL_73 -- and they are still not playing well together.

Because I tried to fix the connectivity issue by upgrading to HL_73, I can't even run in Demo mode, as I can't even connect to download. It has now been over a month of limited use and now complete non-functionality. I'm forced to run my characters off increasingly more out-dated PDF's.

Do I need a newer version of HeroLab? Not sure my build number it just says "HL_73" on my install .exe. Is there some way to get the newer builds other than through the Hero Lab app interface? Seems support is backlogged as I've never gotten a response to any of my e-mails re: this situation, so just trying to see if the forums have a solution...
You will be needing the beta client for that Windows 10 build. Try contacting support again if it has been longer then 3 days (using the correct subject for your case). Also make sure that your email client isn't spam filtering their emails. I prefer not giving out the link myself for it seeing it is a beta build and all.

Last edited by Togainu; November 2nd, 2015 at 09:19 AM.
Togainu is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
ForNextI

Old November 3rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
I am on Windows Fast Track; just got build 10576 today and it cleared up all connectivity issues I was having! I was able to download updates and request license re-assignment through the app; just like it is all supposed to work!

And this is without ever having gotten the Beta Client, so I hope this clears the issue up for other users as well! Hopefully Lone Wolf won't have to spend so much time baby-sitting Win 10 users now!!

Yay!
ForNextI is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old November 3rd, 2015, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear that the license server communication is also fully working. At first I had to speculate with the information I was able to obtain with only one reset of my license (by own choice).

As such I have updated my Windows 10 Information post here to reflect this information as well.
Togainu is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old November 5th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Just a heads up there is a new build out on the fast track (Build 10586). I am currently busy installing so will report back afterwards. This build is most likely the release build that will be send to everyone later this month as well
Togainu is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old November 5th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Just a heads up there is a new build out on the fast track (Build 10586). This build is most likely the release build that will be send to everyone later this month as well.

Hero lab Beta build (574)
License server: Working

Hero lab live build (572)
License server: knows I need to reset. So can be assumed working (won't be doing 2 reset to make it certain)

As for people on Windows 10 builds between 10457 and lower then 10576 you will probably still need the beta build and should contact Lonewolf.

After the official release of Windows 10 TH2 to everyone I will stop updating this thread until new issues arise again.

Last edited by Togainu; November 6th, 2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Updated post
Togainu is offline   #50 Reply With Quote