Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Venger

Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Unless I have missed it somewhere, grids for maps would allow me to use RW for battle maps instead of Maptools.

I just got RW a couple days ago and haven't been through all the manuals yet, so forgive if I have missed anything about displaying grids.
Venger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
This is something we've already got on the todo list. Others feel free to +1 this thread to let us know this is important to you!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 3rd, 2014, 05:16 AM
+1 for this!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:23 AM
+1

Hex and square grids would be awesome. (Telling RW how big each hex/square is, and having each hex/square stay the same size would make it fantastic for projector displays...)

Being able to uncover fog of world per hex/square would be great too, though not quite the same thing.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Being able to uncover fog of world per hex/square would be great too, though not quite the same thing.
This.

Hexes and grids aren't too important to me because I just add them in when I'm preparing the map for import into RW, but having square or hex shaped reveal brushes (and/or being able to select an area to reveal) would save me a lot of headache.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Trelander

Old April 4th, 2014, 12:37 PM
+1

I would like to dump roll20 for this. I realize it is a bit "remaking the wheel" and all that, but still. This software is awesome, anything that takes it more into a full service piece of equipment, the better.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!@
Trelander is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2014, 04:06 AM
+1

I already have the thin flat panel that the figures can be used on :-)
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DarkChilde

Old April 5th, 2014, 07:14 AM
+1
This would be very helpful, especially the reveal by square/hex.
DarkChilde is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
nichollsr

Old April 5th, 2014, 08:16 AM
+1 from me for this.
nichollsr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Hubrice

Old April 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM
+1
Also the grid should have "reveal" properties, so as a GM I can choose to reveal the grid to my players. I may have an overland map where I track the bad guys stalking the party. I need to know how far away they are from the party, but I may not want the party to be distracted by the grid.
Hubrice is offline   #10 Reply With Quote