Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Doskious

Old November 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM
My most recent character is an aspiring Pathfinder, and as such I've been making extensive use of the Hero Lab Journal, thinking that I would surely be able to generate some sort of character sheet or printout that would show stats and abilities as well as contain my journal entries.

Looking at the raw XML source file for the creation of Custom Output, however, I can see that while my titles and dates and gold and XP are all listed for each of my 44 journal entries, none of their descriptions are included, and therefore the descriptive content of Journal Entries (the "jrnDescr" field of a thing="journal" pick) would seem to be unavailable for Custom Output exportation and manipulation.

At present, it would seem that my options for keeping a useful Journal would be to (1) print a PDF of the journal and convert that to text, then manipulate the text into a useful XML format for my purposes, (2) use 7Zip to open the portfolio file and extract a copy of the .por/herolab/lead#.xml file containing the actual picks and fields, and manipulate that into a useful format, or (3) stop using the Journal for anything more than XP/GP tracking by gameDate, realDate, and Title, and record the full text of my journal entries somewhere more useful, while remembering to somehow package it with my Portfolio in case my GM asks for my character data.

It would be really nice if the Journal Description field contents were able to be used in some kind of custom output, or if in addition to printing the Journal or saving it as a PDF, were were given the option to export it as raw XML or text or something...

^__^;;
Doskious is offline   #1 Reply With Quote