Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old May 11th, 2020, 06:15 AM
If it's not made by WotC, it's not on my to-do list. I don't know of anyone else working steadily on 5e stuff for the Community Pack, and there hasn't been non-WotC content added in over 2 years.

That said, there's plenty of advice available if you want to try and add it yourself.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #811 Reply With Quote
INUYAHA

Old May 26th, 2020, 07:18 PM
I see that the last Unearthed Arcana item added was the Class Feature Variants that was released in November.

Are the newer releases in the works? Specifically the new Subclasses Parts 1, 2, and 3?

Im looking to play a Fey Wanderer in my buddies campaign but adding an entire archetype to herolab myself is above my skill set.
INUYAHA is offline   #812 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 27th, 2020, 07:15 AM
I'm currently gearing up to finish out a bit of my backlogged items for Release 2.5. I'm aiming to have it out some time in June. While I can't guarantee anything, here's what I want the release to have:
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros - I don't expect to get magic items or monsters in right away, but I'll aim to do any character options: races, subraces, subclasses, spells, backgrounds, etc. Obviously we don't know exactly what's in the book, so I can't assume it will all be easily programmable.
  • Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic - One particular user put in a lot of effort to make this happen, so I'm going to get it in for him and anyone else who wants it
  • Fiendish Cult Boons - We'll finally be able to close the book on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
  • Aberrant Dragonmark - I've figured out the basics of how to do the official version. It won't be perfect, but it'll be functional
  • Cleric's Blessed Strikes - From the UA Class Feature Variants. I somehow missed this entirely when I added (almost) everything from this UA.
  • Minor/Major Beneficial/Detrimental Artifact Properties - I put in a text-only version of this previously, and it sucks. I want a more robust version.
  • Vedalken's Tireless Precision - Again, this is already there but sucks. I'll improve it.
  • Other various bugfixes

If you have found an issue that has not been addressed, please please please log it at the Github. And please let me know if there's anything else official 5e you're dying to see in 2.5. I can't make any promises, but I'll at least get it on a to-do list.

What about 2.6, you ask? My two biggest long-term goals are finishing a release version of the Artificer and implementing WotC's new style of companion. The Artificer pets are designed in a way different from other familiars/animal companions. And that design has been repeated in the CFV Ranger pets and many other UA companions in the last year. Based on the volume of UA's recently, it's safe to assume that at least a few of these companions will be appearing in an upcoming book (my money's on a Planar-flavored follow-up to XGTE). I want to be able to hit the ground running when that book hits. So if anyone has done work on this, let me know. My hope is that in learning how to create a new type of minion, I'll also gain insight into how we can implement vehicles from GoS, BGDiA, and AI.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; May 27th, 2020 at 07:19 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #813 Reply With Quote
johnkzin

Old May 27th, 2020, 12:16 PM
I have a question about the Kensei Monastic Tradition in Xanthar's Guide, and how it's supported by the community pack:

The ranged kensei weapon choice at 3rd level doesn't seem to allow thrown weapons. I can see how it's questionable for something like the handaxe, dagger, or spear (thrown melee weapons probably requiring a DM ruling to use them there) ... but it also doesn't allow the dart, which seems completely weird.

Why are thrown weapons being left out?
johnkzin is offline   #814 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 27th, 2020, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I have a question about the Kensei Monastic Tradition in Xanthar's Guide, and how it's supported by the community pack:

The ranged kensei weapon choice at 3rd level doesn't seem to allow thrown weapons. I can see how it's questionable for something like the handaxe, dagger, or spear (thrown melee weapons probably requiring a DM ruling to use them there) ... but it also doesn't allow the dart, which seems completely weird.

Why are thrown weapons being left out?
This is definitely an error. Hero Lab doesn't have a specific "Ranged" tag, rather it has two: RangeProj and RangeThrow. It looks like the Kensei was programmed to only look for RangeProj, which means it filters out the Dart, a RangeThrow weapon. I'll fix it to look for either one in the next release.

If you want to fix it for yourself in the meantime, you can go to line 1464 of COM_5ePack_XGTE - Classes.user and change "wCategory.RangeProj" to "(wCategory.RangeProj|wCategory.RangeThrow)". Alternatively, you should be able to select darts for your next Kensei weapon at level 6. That code doesn't share the problem.

Nice catch.

Fenris447 is offline   #815 Reply With Quote
johnkzin

Old May 27th, 2020, 02:49 PM
That quick fix worked! Thanks :-)
johnkzin is offline   #816 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old May 28th, 2020, 05:59 PM
I noticed today that the Spear Mastery feat only adds +1 to melee attack rolls with spears, not ranged ones. I think this must be an oversight as the feat reads "+1 bonus to attack rolls...with a spear" So RAW that would be both melee and ranged attack rolls.
Not sure if this is the place to post stuff like that but if not, can someone point me in the right direction?
ShadowRose is offline   #817 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 29th, 2020, 05:47 AM
The best place to report bugs with the 5e Community Pack is over on the pack's Github page.

I took a look and I see in the code where it's only adding to "wAttMelee", which means you're totally right about the ranged attack bonus not working. I should be able to fix this for the next pack release.

I can't test this at the moment, but here's how I'm pretty sure you can fix it for yourself in the meantime. Open COM_5ePack_UA - Feats.user in a text editor, preferably one like Notepad++ with line numbers. Go to line 85, which should read "eachpick.field[wAttMelee].value += 1". Add a new line immediately below it, and put "eachpick.field[wAttRanged].value += 1" on that new line.

Save the file, CTRL+R in Hero Lab to reload the game system, and you should be good to go.

Fenris447 is offline   #818 Reply With Quote
Mick McKee

Old May 29th, 2020, 07:13 AM
Does anyone know if the bug concerning missing Survival / extra Acrobatics Skill under the Play tab will be fixed in a near update?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BE9681CB-80BF-41B7-B3C9-B57BC7FC799A.jpeg (247.3 KB, 4 views)
Mick McKee is offline   #819 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 29th, 2020, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick McKee View Post
Does anyone know if the bug concerning missing Survival / extra Acrobatics Skill under the Play tab will be fixed in a near update?
Mick, that's a bug with Hero Lab itself, not with the Community Pack. It was submitted to the issue tracking that I linked in my previous post and we determined it was something LWD has to fix.

Fenris447 is offline   #820 Reply With Quote