Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old August 8th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Work is progressing. There is currently work to button up some final 6ED stuff that was necessary before 7th and then finally get the base done and rolled out for 7ED. Stay tuned.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old August 8th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
Work is progressing. There is currently work to button up some final 6ED stuff that was necessary before 7th and then finally get the base done and rolled out for 7ED. Stay tuned.
Thanks for finding the time to keep us posted. I for one appreciate your guys' efforts.
ChaosLord is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
ianj253

Old August 8th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I just came to check the progress and was blown away by how rude and unappreciative some of the commentors on here were. I feel I need to say thanks for the updates and the volunteer work that you do.

I'm sure in lew of donations maybe we could donate a 7th edition rulebook if that is neccesary since you mentioned not having one.
ianj253 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Opus

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
Thank you for the update!
Opus is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Dragonzord

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianj253 View Post
I just came to check the progress and was blown away by how rude and unappreciative some of the commentors on here were. I feel I need to say thanks for the updates and the volunteer work that you do.

I'm sure in lew of donations maybe we could donate a 7th edition rulebook if that is neccesary since you mentioned not having one.
Are they really volunteers if we pay $40 to have the program? Does that make all the people working in microsoft volunteers because its a buy once use forever kind of product like army builder?

I think not.
Dragonzord is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
SpaceWolf

Old August 25th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Just curious . . . why are you seemingly wasting time updating 6th ed (a new one just the other day) when you should be working on 7th because 6th is dead? Not trying to be a jerk, but that's kinda what it looks like from this end. Just wondering what the rationale is.
SpaceWolf is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
SpaceWolf

Old August 25th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Just a suggestion. I'm not a big database guru by any shot, but I know how to handle big projects. Would it be more productive to just drop 6th edition and start 7th edition with the books already out and just add to it as they get published? Don't bother with backwards compatibility because you're just going to waste hundreds of hours of work that's all going to have to be redone when the new codex comes out anyway.
SpaceWolf is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
Are they really volunteers if we pay $40 to have the program? Does that make all the people working in microsoft volunteers because its a buy once use forever kind of product like army builder?

I think not.
The $40 is for the program itself (and goes to Lone Wolf Development), not the data file authors. No money is provided to the volunteers that put together the data files. Any belief that they receive money from us is completely false.

I want to thank jlong05 for updating the community on the status of these files. I know the community is eager for them to release, but these are created by volunteers that do this purely for the love of the game and their desire to give back to the community. They have families, full-time jobs, and other responsibilities that make it impossible to work on this 24/7. So thank you for your continued support and patience.

To answer the question many of you have, our staff cannot help the volunteers. For any staff members to work on the 40K files, we would need a license from Games Workshop.

If you're interested in helping, head to the maintainers website and check out their forums. There's a forum post (entitled "7th Edition Edits") where one of the volunteers is asking for assistance from the community.
liz is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old August 26th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceWolf View Post
Just a suggestion. I'm not a big database guru by any shot, but I know how to handle big projects. Would it be more productive to just drop 6th edition and start 7th edition with the books already out and just add to it as they get published? Don't bother with backwards compatibility because you're just going to waste hundreds of hours of work that's all going to have to be redone when the new codex comes out anyway.
Unfortunately, this is not a valid stance to take either. Examples include several armies that are still in old 4th and 5th edition codex that still have no update, yet aare still valid change.

No work is currently being implemented on 6ed CORE RULES, unless those rules in fact play in part to needs for 7ed. All because a 6ed codex is done, prior to a newer 7ed codex, does not mean it is not being updated compliant for 7th ruleset.

I encourage all players interested in help to visit the maintainer site(link was provided in Liz's post above) and in several other threads on this site.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
kinglabine

Old September 1st, 2014, 07:07 AM

WHEN.....AND ORK 7ed will it part of it
kinglabine is offline   #40 Reply With Quote