Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frankus

Old January 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I had a hard drive crash in December and my hard drive was lost to this world.

Once I had a new hard drive in and my PC was up and running I installed AB3.0x and tried to get my license reassigned. I received an e-mail advising that my license was reassigned and that I could activate my license.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get AB to activate the license. Each time I try to connect to the server, I get the following message:

"An unexpected error occured during the processing of your licence. This often occurs when the internet connection is not properly established, or the Lone Wolf Development server is not currently reachable. Please re-check your internet connection and attempt to access your licence again in a little while. If the problem persists for an extended period, please contact Lone Wolf Development at support@wolflair.com for further assistance"

I'm using a DSL connection which is always on. I've tried e-mailing tech support but I haven't gotten a response to my last few e-mails so I'm hoping someone here either has some info or can point me in the direction of someone who can help

Thanks,

Frank
Frankus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2007, 01:30 AM
At 04:15 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I had a hard drive crash in December and my hard drive was lost to this world.

Once I had a new hard drive in and my PC was up and running I installed AB3.0x and tried to get my license reassigned. I received an e-mail advising that my license was reassigned and that I could activate my license.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get AB to activate the license. Each time I try to connect to the server, I get the following message:

"An unexpected error occured during the processing of your licence. This often occurs when the internet connection is not properly established, or the Lone Wolf Development server is not currently reachable. Please re-check your internet connection and attempt to access your licence again in a little while. If the problem persists for an extended period, please contact Lone Wolf Development at support@wolflair.com (support@wolflair.com) for further assistance"

I'm using a DSL connection which is always on. I've tried e-mailing tech support but I haven't gotten a response to my last few e-mails so I'm hoping someone here either has some info or can point me in the direction of someone who can help

Thanks,

Frank
Boy, this feels like Deja Vu. Two almost identical questions. :-)

This error almost certainly means that you've got some sort of security tool blocking AB's ability to access the internet successfully. It could be Windows Firewall or possibly some other tool. You'll need to identify the tool and configure it to allow AB to get through to the internet. Once you do that, everything should run fine.

How long did you give support to get back to you on this? You refer to your "last few emails" going without reponse. If you've only waited a matter of hours, then our support person simply hasn't gotten to your email yet. If you've been waiting for a couple of days, it's likely that you've got security settings on your computer cranked up so that replies are being mis-identified as spam and thrown away. This could be a related issue to AB being blocked, since it could be the same tool with security settings way too tight.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Frankus

Old January 30th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll double check the security settings on the PC. The settings should not have changed from my previous install of Norton/Windows firewall.

I'm not getting a pop up stating "connection blocked" or with a permission request which I usually get (Windows XP Pro SP2 and Norton Internet Security) when something seems fishy to the machine. Still, I'll check the settings and see what happens.

As for the e-mails, I can only find one from 1/22 (I first reported the need for reassignment ~12/16). There should have been at least two others but since I can't find them, I'll just say no response to my last e-mail. Sorry for any confusion.

The response should not have been blocked as spam since the original response came right into my inbox. Regardless, I do check my spam folder since sometimes my news groups and other non-spam ends up in the spam/bulk folders.

Again, thanks for the response, I will adjust my security settings and try again.

--FJ
Frankus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Frankus

Old February 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks again, it appears that the firewall on Norton Internet Security was blocking my attempts to connect to the servers.

I appreciate the prompt response.

--FJ
Frankus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mat

Old February 10th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I have recently purchased a new computer. After trying a few times to re-install AB3, I eventually came across the licence re-assignment area.

I have tried this option twice, as well a trying to re-insatll the program several times.

After reading your trouble shooting points (firewall, other security programs etc...) I am still no better off.

I have sent a email to Tech support and they directed me here.

Can you help?

Mat Allen
mat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
webkilla

Old February 26th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I have a similar problem - oddly similar to when I bought the license in the first place

I open the program, its says its in demo mode - I do the Activate License thing - program says its all good and wants to restart - I restart...

I open the program, its says its in demo mode - I do the Activate License thing - program says its all good and wants to restart - I restart...

See the pattern?

HELP ME!!!! (cuzz I've paid for it...)
webkilla is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:04 AM
At 08:08 AM 2/26/2007, you wrote:
Quote:

The problem is likely that some sort of security tool is blocking AB's access to our licensing server. It seems that one or more security tools are now "spoofing" access to the internet for unauthorized programs. Instead of failing, they return a dummy web page that, if displayed within a web browser, would present an explanation of the block. Unfortunately, the licensing server is expecting the keyfile to be returned instead of the dummy web page. Since the request completes properly, AB assumes all is well and assumes the dummy web page is the keyfile, when in fact it's not. When AB detects that the keyfile is invalid on the next launch, it deletes it as a precaution against hackers.

So the solution is to identify which security tool is blocking AB and re-configure it to allow AB through. Until you can accomplish that, the simplest work-around is to use the "manual" license activation process. This involves using your web browser to access our licensing server, which should bypass any blockage that is occurring. You can access the manual license activation method by using the aptly named option immediately beneath the activation option you are currently using on the License menu.

Hope this helps,
Rob
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote