Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

theTak

Old June 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hello! I've toyed with the demo of AB and like what's there, but poking around it looks like all the WHFB files available are for the newest editions. While this makes perfect logical sense, it doesn't much help me as my primary gaming with WHFB is good ole hero-hammer 5th edition.

The data files I see that say WHFB 5th edition were found on a dead yahoo group, and they claim to only work for AB2.2. The demo wouldn't recognize them, sadly. So two questions:

1)Are there hidden somewhere WHFB 5th edition data files that will work with AB3.x?

2)Are pies delicious or what?

I'm sure this is an unusual request and appologies if I'm in the wrong forum, but the tool doesn't do me much good if there aren't data files available for it, and if I'm going to have to go through the trouble or making my own data files I'll save the 40 bucks and just whip up my own tool (granted to a much lesser feature extent!) in Java.

This post isn't meant to be a whine or threat or anything like that, just a genuine query because I really would like to use this fantastic tool and not have to flip through all my books (including Warhammer Magic, eeps!) and enter them all in!
theTak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
I don't believe any WFB 5th Edition data files exist for Army Builder V3.x. The only files I know of for 5th Edition are for V2.x, and you can find them on the user-created datafilecentral.com site where many data files for AB are hosted.

For WFB 5th, your best bet is to chase down a copy of AB V2.x and use the old data files. They worked quite well back then, but they never made their way to AB V3.x, since 6th Edition came out almost a year before we released V3.0 and the 6th Edition files were therefore the first version supported under V3.x.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote