Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

TCArknight

Old April 27th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Ok, I'm playing around with this to find the best way to deal with Mega Modifiers for Savage Rifts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
20. OK, big one: I've added Arcane Power Modifiers as a complete tag set, tagged up the spells, and created a powModifiers field and populated it with a dynamic list of the Modifier names.
I have no problem adding a new PowerMods.? tag as long as I add it before Setup/2000 when the field[powModifiers] is populated.

The one thing I can do is this:
Quote:
~ add Mega Modifier to PsionicArcane Protection
var adddesc as string
foreach pick in hero from Power where "thingid.powArcaneProtect & Arcane.arcPsionicSWADE"
perform eachpick.assign[PowerMods.2ExaltedArcPro]

adddesc = "{br}{br}{b}MEGA MODIFIERS{/b}{br}{indent -10} • EXALTED ARCANE PROTECTION (+2): Hostile powers suffer a −4 penalty (–6 with a raise)."

perform state.thing[powArcaneProtect].amendthing[description,state.thing[powArcaneProtect].field[descript].text & adddesc]

nexteach
Doing it this way however, makes all versions of the Arcane Protection power show the Mega Modifier, even those selected through the Magic Arcane Background.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Would it maybe be possible to add a field to the powers where additions to the description could be stored and the normal mouseover/descript procedure automagically append the two together?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2021, 03:07 PM
When you do the second perform (perform state.thing), I think you need to include the eachpick.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 29th, 2021, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
When you do the second perform (perform state.thing), I think you need to include the eachpick.
No luck. I get:
Quote:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'racSRAAltara' (Eval Script '#1') on line 9
-> Script reference is invalid under the circumstances
That line 9 is eachpick.amendthing[...]

I found a thread I had about amendthing: https://forums.wolflair.com/showthre...ght=amendthing

In it, Mathias mentions that amendthing isn't available for pick, just the overall thing and that best way to handle (similar to this situation) would be to have an additional field, that if it wasn't empty would get appended to the description field in the mouseinfo procedure..

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote