Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Kizan

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:54 AM
As a 10th level Barb Titan Mauler I was going to use a Large Greataxe. I create the Large Greataxe and it shows up in the list of weapons now as a Siege weapon. I purchase it and it shows up on my list of weapons, but I can't equip it. I checked a little and the Nodachi does this also. I haven't checked the other two-handed weapons.

I must be missing something. Is there a rule or something that I didn't see? I think this should be legit.

Thanks,

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM
Sorry to say, I don't think it is legit.

Massive weapons reads:
At 3rd level, a titan mauler becomes skilled in the use of massive weapons looted from her titanic foes. The attack roll penalty for using weapons too large for her size is reduced by 1, and this reduction increases by 1 for every three levels beyond 3rd (to a minimum of 0). This ability replaces trap sense.

It merely reduces the penalty to attacks, but doesn't say anything about the rule that weapons of larger size are one category more unweildy. So a Large light weapon, when used by a medium character, is one handed. Thus, 2 handed weapons are bumped up to be unusable for smaller creatures.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:47 AM
I remember having a similar problem when creating a Great Crossbow (Races of Stone). When creating it made a difference if I used the 2d8 (>2d10) or 2d8(>3d8). Any similar option for the greataxe damage?

Are you creating a large greataxe as an individual weapon or using the size selector on the weapons tab and purchasing it. I just tried it buy purchasing it as large and have the "you can't use this weapon, because it's the wrong size for you" message. But not that it's a siege weapon.
radionausea is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 1st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radionausea View Post
I remember having a similar problem when creating a Great Crossbow (Races of Stone). When creating it made a difference if I used the 2d8 (>2d10) or 2d8(>3d8). Any similar option for the greataxe damage?

Are you creating a large greataxe as an individual weapon or using the size selector on the weapons tab and purchasing it. I just tried it buy purchasing it as large and have the "you can't use this weapon, because it's the wrong size for you" message. But not that it's a siege weapon.
I'm not familiar with how to create as an individual weapon. From your description I created it by using the size selector on the weapons tab. What's the other way?

Thanks,

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 1st, 2012, 09:08 AM
radionausea, Kizan wasn't working with the editor - you're describing something entirely different.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Sorry to say, I don't think it is legit.

Massive weapons reads:
At 3rd level, a titan mauler becomes skilled in the use of massive weapons looted from her titanic foes. The attack roll penalty for using weapons too large for her size is reduced by 1, and this reduction increases by 1 for every three levels beyond 3rd (to a minimum of 0). This ability replaces trap sense.

It merely reduces the penalty to attacks, but doesn't say anything about the rule that weapons of larger size are one category more unweildy. So a Large light weapon, when used by a medium character, is one handed. Thus, 2 handed weapons are bumped up to be unusable for smaller creatures.
Aaron,

Thanks, I dug through the Paizo forums. WOW! is there a lot of chatter about that idea. Even the author of the archtype chimed in with his unofficial update. Maybe they will write a FAQ for the power soon. Make it useful.

Thanks again for being so quick.

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 1st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Happy to help, if they do put it in the FAQ, make us aware so we can get it working according to the new official ruling.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

Thanks,

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
redward

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Never hurts to start a new post on Paizo to try to get them to address the issue.

redward is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Hannibal the Barbarian

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I found the fix and Im trying to post it here
Hannibal the Barbarian is offline   #10 Reply With Quote