Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:12 AM
Does anyone else still use HLO for Starfinder? These forums are so quiet here. Is it due to lack of response from Lone Wolf?

- TMF
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2021, 01:55 AM
I've been kind of wondering as well. I figured I'd reemerge from being super busy to a lot of posts, but alas.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:53 PM
I've been busy with other things myself. You guys would know about the traffic on HLO, but all of the people that I talk to online seem to be using other software. The missing ship support that was promised a while ago, as well as people being salty about the monthly costs, has really driven people away.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:21 AM
All I wanted to do was to use HLO to build some awesome NPCs, but with the issues I had.... I may need to build them by hand. What is the point of HLO if I have to do that?

Also, I have seen very little HLO marketing recently. And with convention season hardly happening...
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
Is it due to lack of response from Lone Wolf?
That, plus the forums have repeatedly gone down for several days at a time over the last few months, which seems to have put a damper on posts lately.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:41 PM
Aside from the above factors, Lone Wolf asking for all bug reports to go through their link in HLO takes eyes away from the forums. I'm sure it's a better process for them to be able to track the bugs, but when a company actively discourages its customers from using their forums, it shouldn't be surprising when the forums wither.
alientude is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old May 3rd, 2021, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
Aside from the above factors, Lone Wolf asking for all bug reports to go through their link in HLO takes eyes away from the forums. I'm sure it's a better process for them to be able to track the bugs, but when a company actively discourages its customers from using their forums, it shouldn't be surprising when the forums wither.
Telling people to bug report through the official bug reporting channel does not seem like discouraging them from posting on the forums, seems like common sense.

Having the forums go down for weeks does discourage it though.
Toblakai is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old May 3rd, 2021, 03:01 PM
From my point of view, it is discouraging people from using the forums. I could be wrong, just my opinion.
alientude is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 3rd, 2021, 04:25 PM
Lack of communication, lack of visible development (starship), lack of new content (AA4 only thing published in over a year).
flyteach is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 4th, 2021, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Lack of communication, lack of visible development (starship), lack of new content (AA4 only thing published in over a year).
Fair enough, and makes sense. Until a few days ago, I had not been doing any significant character building since 2019, Soon as I get back... started finding the issues.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #10 Reply With Quote