Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 26th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Version 1.9 has been produced.

This version is 64-bit only, to allow for processing of massive (900+ MB) RWoutput files.

There's a slight improvement to snippet detection that will allow more formatting to be carried across, although some things (like tables) still aren't always detected properly.
Thank you for picking this up.
EightBitz is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old January 26th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Version 1.9 works excellently. This is an awesome tool, thanks so much, Farling!

It would be of great advantage if possible to optionally split the .xhtml files by Category if possible. In the below image, there would be a file for Mechanics Source, Character Creation, Creatures of Glorantha, and Mundane Weapons.

https://imgur.com/a/O5oMA

Overall great tool! This will serve me well.

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 26th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloranphile View Post
It would be of great advantage if possible to optionally split the .xhtml files by Category if possible. In the below image, there would be a file for Mechanics Source, Character Creation, Creatures of Glorantha, and Mundane Weapons.
Grouping them by individual category wouldn't be too difficult on the summary page (index.html).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old January 26th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Grouping them by individual category wouldn't be too difficult on the summary page (index.html).
You mean like a Table of Contents? Even better!

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 26th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Version 1.10 has just been released.

All the formatting in snippets should transfer properly to the final XHTML output files.

(I've picked up the open source library GUMBO to ensure that the HTML in the snippets is decoded properly, which removes the head-ache of trying to do it myself.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 26th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Quote:
You mean like a Table of Contents? Even better!
There's already an index.xhtml file produced which has the topic containing hierarchy, but the base topics are in the order in which they appear in the RWoutput file, which might not be sorted in any particular order.

Farling

Farling is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old January 28th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Farling, this tool saved my game last night. I've been unable to export my Story and Mechanics and import into a new realm for months (still waiting on a fix), so RW has been unusable for me. Referencing the html output made researching spells, etc. so much easier than cracking open books at the table.

I owe you a beer if I ever make it up to London. Thanks!

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 28th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Farling, this tool saved my game last night. I've been unable to export my Story and Mechanics and import into a new realm for months (still waiting on a fix), so RW has been unusable for me. Referencing the html output made researching spells, etc. so much easier than cracking open books at the table.

I owe you a beer if I ever make it up to London. Thanks!
I'm glad its a useful tool :-)

I use a HTTP grabber to copy the paizo prd for my gaming laptop.

Farling

Farling is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 30th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Version 1.11 has just been released.

The index page now arranges top-level topics under their appropriate category.

Both categories and topics with children can now be collapsed to hide their children (this doesn't work on Edge because Edge doesn't support full HTML5 - search for <details> and <summary> support, see https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/2...mmary-elements).

The tool will always generate separate topic files.

The version number of the application is displayed in the bottom status bar when first started.

The installer has been changed from the Qt Installer Framework to NSIS - the end result is that the installation file is smaller, the version more reliable, and there's less files required to support the installer.

This version returns to being a 32-bit application, since the loading of the RWoutput file has been optimised (the 900MB file will only take up 900MB of memory instead of 1900MB). It also avoids needing to the ship Visual C++ runtime installer as part of the delivery (since VC++ is required to get 64-bit support).

(I won't be making any browser-specific code in any HTML. If a browser doesn't support HTML5 properly then complain to the supplier or use a different browser!)

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 30th, 2018 at 01:03 AM.
Farling is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 30th, 2018, 04:59 AM
Version 1.12 has just been released.

The table of contents is now sorted alphabetically (within each category).

There is now an option to have a navigation pane displayed on each topic page (placed on the left by default).

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 30th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Farling is offline   #50 Reply With Quote