Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy277 View Post
I finally picked up Realm Works today after months and months of agonizing whether I'd be able to use it. Hooray!

So is the cute little MacGuffin-filled content I imported new as of the past few days? Or had it been there awhile? It was great help in figuring out how to initially navigate the menus.
The tutorial content was present long ago, then it took a hiatus until we got the import/export mechanism into place, and now it's back. So the answer to your A or B question is "Yes"!

And I'm happy to hear that it's been useful!
rob is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:26 PM
@Rob, my birthday is the 21st. The 23rd or 24th is close enough at my age.
AEIOU is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old January 15th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Here's the text from the release notes on the subject. I'm not sure how to say it better, so please let me know what aspects of this aren't clear and I'll do my best to fill in the missing pieces.

NOTE! We have a major overhaul of the D&D 5th Edition game system structure mapped out, but deploying it on the eve of a weekend would require us to force everyone to login and upgrade to access the server. We’ve deemed that too potentially disruptive for users, so we are holding off on that change. The ramifications of this decision are that we cannot enable the export/import mechanisms for D&D 5th Edition realms until after the new changes are deployed for everyone. Consequently, export and import of D&D 5th Edition realms is temporarily disabled.
Hey Rob, my apologies if my post came out as a complaint. I did read the release notes and I understood. I was just curious about what the structural changes are. It was an idle question not a complaint. I know you guys are working hard. Thanks
Lkj is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
Ashran

Old January 15th, 2017, 10:56 PM
I, too, wonder what's so different between two systems. The rules sure are different, I know, but would that mean that rules are hard coded in realm works ? I was under the impression that if you wanted a specific monster, item, or rule really, you had to add it yourself. I don't really see what so different between a pathfinder game and a dd5 game in its abstract.
Ashran is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 15th, 2017, 11:17 PM
The game system is different. What this means is the categories are custom for the system. Example, a monster entry in 5e is different to a monster entry in pathfinder. It asks for different information by default.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkj View Post
Hey Rob, my apologies if my post came out as a complaint. I did read the release notes and I understood. I was just curious about what the structural changes are. It was an idle question not a complaint. I know you guys are working hard. Thanks
Gotcha. The current structure needs to be refined further so that it more closely matches the official rulebook structure. They are NOT sweeping changes. But the changes are sufficient enough that, if we enable export and import right now, we'll have to reconcile retroactively accommodating all that cleanly. That's more work for us that can be avoided by simply disabling the operations until the new changes are deployed. So we took the simpler path, since it's only going to be a short delay for everyone.
rob is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Gotcha. The current structure needs to be refined further so that it more closely matches the official rulebook structure. They are NOT sweeping changes. But the changes are sufficient enough that, if we enable export and import right now, we'll have to reconcile retroactively accommodating all that cleanly. That's more work for us that can be avoided by simply disabling the operations until the new changes are deployed. So we took the simpler path, since it's only going to be a short delay for everyone.
Thanks for the info. Make sense.

AD
Lkj is offline   #117 Reply With Quote