Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Davout_1806

Old September 8th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Unfortunately, you can't just start typing a word to go to a tag. Tagging is one of the things that I most want to automate in RW, but tagging in RW is very mouse dependent. It is not keyboard friendly at all.
Yes I've ran into that issue my self.
Davout_1806 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old September 10th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Quote:
One thing that I've been playing around with is how to use PE to help with applying tags.
Yay!

Quote:
I would like to have a hotkey that would automatically select and enter one or more tags. That is not too difficult as I only need to use HOME to go to the top and then count the number of down arrow presses to reach the tag I want. But the issue is that if you add a tag above the tag in the PE macro, you break the macro.

Unfortunately, you can't just start typing a word to go to a tag. Tagging is one of the things that I most want to automate in RW, but tagging in RW is very mouse dependent. It is not keyboard friendly at all.
Boo!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 10th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Well, PE does support mouse macros (if you have the expensive paid version), but I generally avoid them because you have to make sure that you have window the same size. I use multiple monitors and I don't want to be forced to use a specific monitor with the window at a specific size (usually full screen) just so my macros work.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 10th, 2015, 08:37 PM
If you have the paid version of RW, be sure to check out MS Word phrase feature. It allows you a way to easily make fully customized styles available in RW, giving you full control over your fonts. The styles only apply to the specific topic, but it is so easy to apply them to new topics with PE that this is a great stop-gap process until LWD allows you to create default and custom styles within the software. Here is how I do it:

First, create a new MS Word Phrase:

mswordphrase.png

Unlike a plain text or formatted text phrase, when you try to edit it, it will open up Microsoft Word.

editinmsword.png

Customize the styles in MS Word and make sure that you have text in the document with a style applied to it for every style you want available in RW. You don't need a lot of text as the following example shows.

msword.png

After you have your styles how you like them, close MS Word. Not need to save. You will not see the formatted MS Word text in Phrase Express. Make sure to give it an easy to type and remember trigger word. Here I used #testformat

inphraseexpress.png

Then, when you are in a text snippet in RealmWorks, type your trigger word and a space and it will be replaced with the formatted text AND the MS Word styles are now available in RW for this topic.

stylesinrw.png

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old September 10th, 2015, 09:59 PM
That is good info - thank you!

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #25 Reply With Quote