Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pipcecil

Old April 16th, 2020, 01:57 PM
I am terrible at the editor in Hero Lab. I have looked at so many youtube videos and write ups but I cannot for the life of me make simple custom items (there needs to be a simplified version of the editor IMO).

Anyways my group ran the Gallows of Madness from Paizo and got the Antiquarian's Monocle (https://www.aonprd.com/MagicWondrous...%27s%20Monocle). This item is not in Hero Lab. I tried to recreate this in the editor but messed up big time.

The item seems easy enough: read magic 3 times a day and a special 1 time of day use (use scroll). I would think both would need to be tracked in the "in play" tab as a resource or at least the scroll reading (the others could just be in the spell tab).

Is there anyway someone could walk me through creating this? Or is there a way to create the item and save the file out (I did not get the item but another player did so i would need to send it to them or create it for them).

I need some help!

Signed: Coding & Logic Illiterate
pipcecil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately there's not really any way to make a simplified editor. The best best it to find an item that functions in a similar manner and go from there (in this case goggles and/or items that grant spell casts, like the Saboteur's goggles from the Advanced Class Guide).

About halfway down the Wondrous tab there's the tracker, you're going to want to set the 1/day usage there, and right at the bottom of that section is "Castable Spells", that's where you'll add read magic.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote