Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ReliantLion

Old August 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Is there a custom output that has a nice looking (and preferably editable) spellbook? I want to be able to add relevant info to spells and then be able to print them out and reference the page during play. As an example of relevant info, I want to be able to add in the description of "Staggered" for a spell that gives that effect. I don't mind if it is done in another program, but manually making a spellbook is tedious.

The PDF output looks great, but leaves no room, and isn't readily editable. Otherwise, I'd just use that.
ReliantLion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantLion View Post
Is there a custom output that has a nice looking (and preferably editable) spellbook? I want to be able to add relevant info to spells and then be able to print them out and reference the page during play. As an example of relevant info, I want to be able to add in the description of "Staggered" for a spell that gives that effect. I don't mind if it is done in another program, but manually making a spellbook is tedious.

The PDF output looks great, but leaves no room, and isn't readily editable. Otherwise, I'd just use that.
My custom output includes the characters spellbook (formatted, with full spell text). I didn't make the spell text editable, but that would be a trivial addition.
AncientOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ReliantLion

Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
I tried that. It actually just shows the title bar. I have an Arcanist, which might be the problem if the sheet needs to be updated. I'm not sure how that works.

As for editing the text, what do you mean by trivial? Easy to add the functionality or easy to do it as is?
ReliantLion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantLion View Post
I tried that. It actually just shows the title bar. I have an Arcanist, which might be the problem if the sheet needs to be updated. I'm not sure how that works.

As for editing the text, what do you mean by trivial? Easy to add the functionality or easy to do it as is?
I just pushed out v4.10 of the sheet... it adds the ability to edit the spell-name and body-text.

I haven't purchased the Advanced Class Guide, so I haven't tried the Arcanist yet -- there could easily be something different about the way Hero Lab is populating spell data into the XML for that class.

If you want me to take a look at it in the meantime, just send me the XML file that Hero Lab generates for the character. You can create that by using File->Save Custom Output->Generate XML File.
AncientOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ReliantLion

Old August 24th, 2014, 05:15 AM
The ability to edit text is awesome. It is working for my Druid.

I can't see how to upload an XML file let alone do it as a PM. I think I could send it as a renamed TXT file. Will that work?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Arcanist ReliantLion.txt (108.6 KB, 7 views)
ReliantLion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 25th, 2014, 04:47 PM
FYI... The latest version (4.11) adds initial support for the Arcanist.
AncientOne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote