Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2014, 07:13 AM
mastratton, there are several different output formats in Hero Lab. AncientOne's sheet relies on our custom output - XML of the raw information about a character, and I'm sorry to say that we still have a large list of issues relating to the custom output, and there's just been so much else to do that we haven't had the time to start addressing that list. The printout we generate does not rely on the custom output - it's the built-in print option, so it can access the data for the character directly.
Mathias is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old May 13th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
mastratton, there are several different output formats in Hero Lab. AncientOne's sheet relies on our custom output - XML of the raw information about a character, and I'm sorry to say that we still have a large list of issues relating to the custom output, and there's just been so much else to do that we haven't had the time to start addressing that list. The printout we generate does not rely on the custom output - it's the built-in print option, so it can access the data for the character directly.
Hey, Mathias, thanks for the explanation! I appreciate it. I dunno - it used to work right, and doesn't now. But, no worries! I just noticed yesterday that it worked when using the stock printout in HL.

Thanks again!

Mark
mastratton is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old May 21st, 2014, 10:11 AM
For stat block outputs - would be nice to be able to include potraits, also would be nice if CR and XP values would output so that custom monsters can be readily made and printed.

Also while it is easy enough to alter headers and junk would be nice to have a option to force each monster stat block onto it's own page. Perhaps add lines to the side of the stat blocks to make it easier to resize on the page without chopping any needed data.

At current I had to print portraits separately and also had to use header/footer for XP and CR. Basically trying to get it to look as close to MM entries as possible
stargazer_dragon is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:07 AM
the Custom pathfinder output could really use a CR and XP block as well as a way to easily force separate characters onto different pages for those of us who use this to output the monsters. Also stat block would be really nice if we could print the monsters portrait with it.
stargazer_dragon is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_dragon View Post
the Custom pathfinder output could really use a CR and XP block as well as a way to easily force separate characters onto different pages for those of us who use this to output the monsters. Also stat block would be really nice if we could print the monsters portrait with it.
Thanks for the input! I'm out of the country on vacation right now but, when I get back, I'll see what the Hero Lab custom output system allows me to do regarding these items.
AncientOne is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
that would be divine, been at this for a while and your stat block section is just sooo much better then there's but leaves the CR/XP off that the base one has, as for portrait both yours and there's chops it off except for actual char sheets but would love to see it on there even if just on a separate page.

Mainly Missing XP/CR is the issue.

Over all super good job on the costume output. I still havn't even found where you go to program one lol
stargazer_dragon is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old June 24th, 2014, 08:19 AM
also on the stat blocks if it lists a power and not a description or if you delete the description then it makes that section editable which kinda suck.

Also not sure if I mentioned but being able to force each creature onto it's own page would be super useful, at current I just edit the last power to fill up blank space to force the next creature to the following page but a built in option to put a page break between each character in the portfolio would also be very very nice
stargazer_dragon is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old August 3rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
I noticed today (while trying to print out some pre-gens for Gen Con), that the contents of containers doesn't seem to be working right on the sheet now. It shows everything as being "on the ground", even when it is in a container (like a belt pouch). If I print using the "built-in" sheet, it correctly notes that the money (in my example) is in the pouch, but if I use the custom sheet, it is spilled all over the proverbial ground. :-(
dballing is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballing View Post
I noticed today (while trying to print out some pre-gens for Gen Con), that the contents of containers doesn't seem to be working right on the sheet now. It shows everything as being "on the ground", even when it is in a container (like a belt pouch). If I print using the "built-in" sheet, it correctly notes that the money (in my example) is in the pouch, but if I use the custom sheet, it is spilled all over the proverbial ground. :-(
This is a limitation of the Hero Lab custom output mechanism... although HL knows what container any given piece of equipment is in, it doesn't make that information available to custom sheets.

This is the most common request that I get BTW -- if you could follow up by entering an actual HL bug report on this, it would be a big help, because it would help them know how to prioritize the request if more people reported it to them.
AncientOne is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old August 10th, 2014, 03:10 AM
OK, next question: Where are the "outfits" (the free outfits you get as a starting PC) on the output sheet?

While playtesting last night, 1-2 people said "hey, I'm naked other than this amulet?!" ... it was in Hero Lab that they had an "Entertainer's Outfit" or whatever, but it never showed up on the output sheet?
dballing is offline   #220 Reply With Quote