Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old January 18th, 2015, 11:41 AM
I'll take a look at the bite problem. The Crusader bug has been fixed and will be in the next release. Thanks for the report.

I do not believe HL is set up to do fractional saves. What exactly were you hoping to do with it?
Sendric is offline   #321 Reply With Quote
simonb530

Old January 18th, 2015, 12:54 PM
With the fractional saves it would give better values for saves when multi-classing for example
Crusader 1; Fighter 2; Paladin 2:
HL Base Saves:
Fort 8
Ref 0
Will 0

Fractional Base Saves:
Fort 4 * if you don't count the 2 at first level each time
Ref 1
Will 1

I know probably adding in fractional saves or BaB is complicated but would appreciated it. For now I just do adjustments.
simonb530 is offline   #322 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 19th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb530 View Post
I think I have found two bugs:

1) The wolf's damage on bite should be 1.5x Str Mod. as stated in the MM(pg. 6). I haven't seen this error with other Monsters.
The rule you seem to be quoting is this:

Quote:
A creature’s primary attack damage includes its full Strength modifier (1-1/2 times its Strength bonus if the attack is with the creature’s sole natural weapon) and is given first. Secondary attacks add only 1/2 the creature’s Strength bonus and are given second in the parentheses.
Since the bite is the wolf's only natural attack, it stands to reason it should use 1.5x the STR damage. Looking briefly at a few other animals, this looks more like a problem with the underlying code rather than any specific animals. I will discuss the matter with Shadow and see if this is something that should be resolved in HL or through the community set.

Thanks again for the report.
Sendric is offline   #323 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 19th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb530 View Post
With the fractional saves it would give better values for saves when multi-classing for example
Crusader 1; Fighter 2; Paladin 2:
HL Base Saves:
Fort 8
Ref 0
Will 0

Fractional Base Saves:
Fort 4 * if you don't count the 2 at first level each time
Ref 1
Will 1

I know probably adding in fractional saves or BaB is complicated but would appreciated it. For now I just do adjustments.
This is more of a house rule, really. I could try to make some kind of adjustment that will more easily take care of this, but to be honest its a bit low of a priority right now. I will add it to my to-do list, though, and perhaps I can fit it into a future release.
Sendric is offline   #324 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 25th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Sendric,

The Celestial Sorcerer Lore feat has a prereq of two other celestial heritage feats on it. There is a bug in the Expr-req checking the prerequisite, it has the prereq looking for #hasfeat[] + ... >= 2 for the 2 other heritage feat requirement. Reporting this as a potential bug because if additional feats of this type are added to the data they won't qualify to fulfill the prereq on the feat. My suggestion would be to use a custom tag for the feats so that the prereq can just do a tagcount instead and you'll catch all the heritage feats in one go that qualify to fulfill the requirement.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #325 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 25th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Sendric,

The Celestial Sorcerer Lore feat has a prereq of two other celestial heritage feats on it. There is a bug in the Expr-req checking the prerequisite, it has the prereq looking for #hasfeat[] + ... >= 2 for the 2 other heritage feat requirement. Reporting this as a potential bug because if additional feats of this type are added to the data they won't qualify to fulfill the prereq on the feat. My suggestion would be to use a custom tag for the feats so that the prereq can just do a tagcount instead and you'll catch all the heritage feats in one go that qualify to fulfill the requirement.
Thanks for the report. What about using this script instead:

Code:
var test as number
if (#hasfeat[fCelSorHer] <> 0) then
 test -= 1
endif

test += tagcount[HasFeat.fCelSor?]

validif (test >= 2)
Sendric is offline   #326 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 25th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I noticed it while looking at examples for a feat I was coding for the Shifters in Eberron. The mistake is already in the datafiles, I just wanted to point it out to you. I'm adding Eberron data that I need.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #327 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 25th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I noticed it while looking at examples for a feat I was coding for the Shifters in Eberron. The mistake is already in the datafiles, I just wanted to point it out to you. I'm adding Eberron data that I need.
Yes. I understand that. I was just suggesting an alternative solution to user tags. As long as you use the same naming convention, the problem has been resolved.
Sendric is offline   #328 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 7th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Sendric,

The Artificer class has a bug on it. The Craft Wand class special is supposed to be gained at 6th level, not 7th. This was clarified in both the official errata and Magic of Eberron. This needs to be changed in the official data files that have already been done.

Also, since I'm thinking about this, once I get the Eberron feats done we're likely going to need to fix the Artificer's bonus feat list too so they can add the missing feats from the Eberron setting.

The Metamagic Spell and Power Completion class features have a typo in their names. Both say Metmagic instead of Metamagic.

Dwarf fighter racial substitution levels are not reducing the number of bonus feats appropriately.

Last edited by RavenX; March 7th, 2015 at 11:59 AM.
RavenX is offline   #329 Reply With Quote
BloodyMutt

Old March 8th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Hello all! Wish I could make my first post under happier circumstances, but I am just plum frustrated trying to get things to work over here. I am not much of a coder; I can read it just fine but fixing it...
We've a 3.5 campaign coming up, and while my primary character is all found in HL's base srd stuff, the GF's choice of race, and my backup class were no where to be found. After some digging I came upon the project here.
Now, after a bit of work I managed to get 1.14 version of Lawful_G's to run, but again her race (Spellscar) was not showing up, even though Races of Dragons were shown. She followed up with some Googlefu and told me that it was to be found in 1.9. So cleaned out my files, and proceeded to install 1.9 via: http://shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates-1.9.xml
It then pops up with the error attached in the picture bellow, while I can find those code lines... I have no idea what to do with them.
Help?
Attached Images
File Type: png Help.png (442.4 KB, 1 views)
BloodyMutt is offline   #330 Reply With Quote