Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

mhwittek

Old December 14th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Hello All,
I have seen on the signature line of some LWD software engineers that since each copy of Hero Labs/Army Builder and assumed Realm Works needs a separate license, and a free secondary license can be acquired so that both software programs will work properly without going into DEMO mode on two different computers. How is the free secondary license acquired?

Thanks All,
Mike Wittek
mhwittek is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 14th, 2014, 01:53 PM
You can install and use Realm Works on as many machines as you'd like. Licenses are tracked per account, not per install.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 14th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
You can install and use Realm Works on as many machines as you'd like. Licenses are tracked per account, not per install.
With the proviso that you're only logged in on one machine at a time, and the usual caveats about ensuring you've synced the realms properly across the different machines.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old December 14th, 2014, 04:56 PM
And that if multiple people want to use RW on the same computer, they must have separate windows user accounts.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mhwittek

Old December 14th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys!

--
Mike W.
mhwittek is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 16th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Hero Lab's secondary license doesn't work the same as Realm Works though. It's been a while since I've done it though, so I don't remember all the steps. But the secondary license for Hero Lab lets you log in two computers at the same time because you basically have two separate licenses for the same content with a single purchase. You can also buy additional licenses to add extra machines to the same account/content access. The only caveat is if you want to stop using one machine and move Hero Lab to another machine, in which case you may need to contact tech support unless it's been more then 6 months since you last activated or re-activated the license which happens whenever you purchase new content and need to unlock it on your computer(s).
Viking2054 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 16th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Getting HL secondary account is as easy as it gets. Login to the license manager and request secondary license...bingo done. You can then use that license on any machine you see fit to deposit it on. I have all 6 possible HL licenses but only use 5 atm. Its 10 bucks per extra beyond the second, pretty cheap really.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Getting HL secondary account ...... You can then use that license on any machine you see fit to deposit it on.
Correct, BUT would add (for those less familiar)
Deposit it on once.......
After the initial install of the license it becomes tied to that machine unless you request a transfer to a new location.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old December 16th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Getting HL secondary account is as easy as it gets. Login to the license manager and request secondary license...bingo done. You can then use that license on any machine you see fit to deposit it on. I have all 6 possible HL licenses but only use 5 atm. Its 10 bucks per extra beyond the second, pretty cheap really.
They REALLY need to clean that license site up. It's confusing as hell.

Can't I have an account linked to my email that lists all my licenses in a one stop? Instead of having to log in PER LICENSE?!?

It's really not an optimal management model.
Seregil is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 16th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregil View Post
They REALLY need to clean that license site up. It's confusing as hell.

Can't I have an account linked to my email that lists all my licenses in a one stop? Instead of having to log in PER LICENSE?!?

It's really not an optimal management model.
Seems there was a spot u can request all licenses , but been awhile since I did that... I'll look to find
Here >http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/user/sendall.asp

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; December 16th, 2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Add link
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote