Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JoeElf

Old February 11th, 2017, 08:46 AM
In the In-Play tab, I have changed my wand so that it says 6/50 under Tracked Resources & Abilities.

When I save the portfolio as a PDF, in the Tracked Resources section, the boxes for the charges are all clear; none are checked off, and there are 50 open boxes.

This seems like something simple to program. I can understand not updating the boxes on resources that are tracked on a daily basis, or perhaps even staves since they can be recharged, but tracking 50 charges on wands over many months is a nuisance.

If every wand is to be done as a Custom Wand, why not get rid of the other options in the listing?

Also, I added the "regular" Wand of Cure Serious Wounds and the CL is 5 and price is 11,250 for the 50 charges. I added the custom Wand of Cure Serious Wounds and the CL is 7 (and cannot be set down to CL 5) and price is 18,900 for just 45 charges.
JoeElf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 11th, 2017, 08:55 AM
I think you might have selected the "wrong" Cure Serious Wounds. When adding a spell to a custom wand. The lowest it can go is the minimum caster level. That said for some classes it is a 4th level spell so it ends up as minimum caster level 7 (druid for example). Look for a 3rd level version of the spell and you should be able to lower it to 5th caster level.

As copying the markers over to the PDF printout you can request that as a feature. Which I think would be best done through a bug report I think

Last edited by Togainu; February 11th, 2017 at 08:58 AM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 11th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeElf View Post
Also, I added the "regular" Wand of Cure Serious Wounds and the CL is 5 and price is 11,250 for the 50 charges. I added the custom Wand of Cure Serious Wounds and the CL is 7 (and cannot be set down to CL 5) and price is 18,900 for just 45 charges.
You added the 4th Level version of the Cure Serious Wounds spell. Use the 3rd Level version and it will match the pre-made wand.

EDIT: Ha! Beaten to the [Save].

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JoeElf

Old February 11th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Yes. You are correct. I added the first Cure Serious that I spotted on screen, which was 4th instead of 3rd. I am still of the opinion that the wands off the main screen should work the same as the custom wand.
JoeElf is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 11th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeElf View Post
Yes. You are correct. I added the first Cure Serious that I spotted on screen, which was 4th instead of 3rd. I am still of the opinion that the wands off the main screen should work the same as the custom wand.
They do, for the corresponding spell, which is normally the lowest CL. However with custom wands you can change the spell level, and CL which is what you did in this case.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 11th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Minous I think he is referring to making you pick the amount of charges when adding a "pre-build" wand
Togainu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 11th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I admit, I have to agree with JoeElf; I always build Custom Wands so that I can edit the charges and have the Item Value of the wand be correct.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 14th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I admit, I have to agree with JoeElf; I always build Custom Wands so that I can edit the charges and have the Item Value of the wand be correct.
I think this is kinda one of those things which is a legacy problem. At the start we didn't have a custom wand form, so we had to build each wand for each spell. Then we made the form, and there wasn't really a use for the old versions, but we let them stick around because better that then messing with someone who had taken one of the old ones.

IMO, the "proper" way to make wands is the custom wand form.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old February 15th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I think this is kinda one of those things which is a legacy problem. At the start we didn't have a custom wand form, so we had to build each wand for each spell. Then we made the form, and there wasn't really a use for the old versions, but we let them stick around because better that then messing with someone who had taken one of the old ones.

IMO, the "proper" way to make wands is the custom wand form.
Couldn't you leave them in HL and remove them from the selection choices? Kind of a way to deprecate them and phase them out?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 15th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Yeah, but they aren't really doing any harm, so... * shrug *
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote