Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silveras

Old February 15th, 2017, 10:18 PM
You may want to see also the thread in the HeroLab general forun, "Feature Request: Remove Consumable Items from the In-Play Tab" for a somewhat-related discussion.
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old February 16th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Yeah, but they aren't really doing any harm, so... * shrug *
They do eat up space but yea, I can take it or leave it. Personally I still use the pre-gen wands a lot, especially for new 50 charge ones. It's a lot faster to search for "cure light wounds" then building a custom one.

On a side note, referencing the other thread regarding editing used consumables on night's rest, are you able to edit the charges for these legacy wands as well (on the back end)? If so, then cool, definitely keep them!

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
JoeElf

Old February 24th, 2017, 04:40 AM
You are correct. My latest posts were indeed about removing all of the extraneous options and just putting in the Custom Wand option. I guess if I were building a lot of NPC's with wands it would be better to just pick a spell off the main list with 50 charges quickly, but for PC's, the custom option and tracking the 50 charges over time is definitely superior.

For my other issue of selecting the wrong Cure Serious Wounds, if the spells were in the custom listing just once, and had a selectable caster level, that would probably be best (in order to simplify the listing and get it on fewer pages). Then you can have your Wand of Magic Missiles with 1 missile (CL 1), up to 5 missiles (CL 9), or the Vanish with 1 round (CL 1) up to 5 rounds (CL 5), or Cure Serious Wounds as 3d8 + 5 (CL 5) to 3d8 + 15 (at CL 15).

Last edited by JoeElf; February 25th, 2017 at 04:19 AM.
JoeElf is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 24th, 2017, 04:46 AM
I don't mind multiple versions of a spell. A druid gets Cure Moderate Wounds at a different level than a Cleric.

If anything, having it default to the version of the character who is receiving/creating the wand would be nice.
But still retaining the option to override and select another option from those available.
Ualaa is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
JoeElf

Old February 25th, 2017, 07:23 PM
For the spell level and cost defaults, I would do this for the defaults (while still allowing the user to override these settings):

If you have the respective Craft feat on the character selecting the item, and the character can make the item using its spell access, then defaulting that character's spell level and the crafting cost checkbox = on makes sense.

Otherwise, I would use this PFS rule as a general rule:
If a spell appears at different levels on two different lists, use the lower level spell to determine cost (for example, poison would be priced as a 3rd-level druid spell instead of a 4th-level cleric spell).

However, if the character is for PFS, then I would additionally apply this logic:
All potions, scrolls, wands, and other consumables are made by clerics, druids, wizards, or psychics in Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild play. The only exceptions are spells that are not on the cleric, druid, wizard or psychic spell lists. For example, a scroll of lesser restoration must be purchased as a 2nd-level scroll created by a cleric and can’t be purchased as a 1st-level scroll created by a paladin.
JoeElf is offline   #15 Reply With Quote