Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JoeElf

Old May 8th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Group,

I know Hero Lab for Pathfinder currently does not apply any bonus for Furious Focus.

Here is what I have done in the software program.

Ignore that you can use Furious Focus on the first Attack of Opportunity, and apply it to your first real attack.

Feats tab: get Power Attack, Furious Focus, Vital Strike.

In-Play tab: activate Power Attack and Vital Strike (to get rid of iterative attacks with the wrong attack bonuses).

Adjust tab: add Weapon Melee Attack Bonus for any melee weapon you are wielding in two hands, and the appropriate +X to offset the Power Attack penalty of -X.
I only have one two handed weapon, so only had to do this once.
I selected the weapon, +3 to offset my -3 at level 8, and Untyped Bonus.
In the free text boxes, I entered "Furious Focus" and then "1 / round".

For actual gaming, this method has these effects:
Bonus: the first attack To Hit modifier is now correct.
Detriment: the extra damage die of Vital Strike will have to be ignored when doing a Full Attack with iteratives.
Neutral: the second attack's To Hit modifier should be 5 less than your listed bonus, and with the additional penalty for your Power Attack, and is not listed.

My particulars:
Ranger (Elf): 8.
BAB: 8.
Strength 18: +4 to Hit; +6 to Damage (+4 to Damage with 50% two-handed bonus).
Power Attack: -3 to Hit; +9 to Damage (+6 to Damage with 50% two-handed bonus).
Elven Curved Blade: d10 for Damage.
Magic Enhancement Bonus +1, Keen: +1 to Hit; +1 to Damage.
Weapon Melee Attack Bonus: +3 to Hit (to offset the -3 from Power Attack at level 8).
To Hit Total: BAB 8 + Str 4 + Magic 1 = 13.
Damage Total: d10 + Str 6 + Power Attack 9 + Magic 1 = d10 + 16.

Using Move + Attack: apply the Power Attack, Vital Strike, and the Weapon Melee Attack Bonus:
+13 to Hit; 2d10 + 16 damage
This is shown in Hero Lab; the rest will have to be figured mentally.
Note: without Vital Strike, there will be an iterative attack shown with an incorrect +8 to Hit, which is more confusing than the 2d10 for Damage.

Using Full Attack with iterative attacks:
+13 to Hit; d10 + 16 damage on first attack of the round (also used for bonus attack when under Haste)
+5 to Hit; d10 + 16 damage on second attack (+13 to Hit with -5 iterative penalty and -3 Power Attack penalty)

Using Attacks of Opportunity:
+10 to Hit; d10 + 16 damage (+13 to Hit with -3 Power Attack penalty)

Note: the statistics for the 1st AoO can switch with the statistics of the 1st iterative (if the AoO happens first).

I would eventually like to see an option to apply Furious Focus and not have to select Vital Strike to eliminate the incorrect To Hit numbers for iterative attacks.
JoeElf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote