Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

naloth

Old October 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
Yes, I can find nothing that says they can take armour.
Until it's FAQ'ed otherwise they should probably have access if they have the option for an Ironfist ("works in exactly the same way as a shield") since shields explicitly grant access to magic armor.

It's probably something that should be discussed with your local group, though, since a lot of players have issues with wizards with magic armor and it's not explicit.
naloth is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old October 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I noticed it doesn't let you take a Big Name and a magic banner on a BSB. The blurb about a BSB doesn't prohibit taking a Big Name and traditionally you have been able to add similar enhancements on a BSB and still take a magical banner.
naloth is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
LittleCizur

Old October 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
BRB, pg. 500
"The only exception to this is when a Wizard has armour as part of his standard equipment or an option for 'normal' armour, such as light armour, or a shield."

Question becomes... is the 'ironfist' a normal item? Technically, it is a 'shield', but it does offer advantages that a normal shield would not. So the argument can go either way at this point.

No reason to include the item until FAQ stats otherwise IMO. If a person wants to add it, and gets the thumbs up from their gaming group, then they can tack on the points themselves in the meantime.

Ogre Kingdoms
Tomb Kings

Last edited by LittleCizur; October 5th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
LittleCizur is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
abarletta

Old October 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM
To many uniques Rules.
Keep getting this error message when making ogre armies.
abarletta is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old October 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM
1) Greedy Fist does not appear to be granting a +6 Ward Save. (The strength bonus is working as intended.)

2) A hunter on the Stonehorn can take both Enchanted Shield and Ironfist. I don't see any rules stating this is not possible - Ironfists don't preclude the use of shields (at least as far as I can see), but something to watch for in a future FAQ.
McTaff is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
GodHead

Old October 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCizur View Post
No reason to include the item until FAQ stats otherwise IMO. If a person wants to add it, and gets the thumbs up from their gaming group, then they can tack on the points themselves in the meantime.
No that's ridiculous.

The option to use it should be included in the data files, and if people DON'T want to use it, they just have to not take any magic armour.

Your option creates needless work for thousands of people who want to use magic armour.

My option imposes nothing on anyone.
GodHead is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old October 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
3) Ironfist stacks with Armour of Silvered Steel (supposed to make your armour save 2+, but cannot be improved). Looking at RAW, Ironfist would not improve armour save, but would still grant Parry save.
McTaff is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old October 6th, 2011, 06:01 AM
It looks like Skragg is missing an attack. He has a base 4 and should be +1 for two CCWs and another +1 for Frenzy for a total of 6.
naloth is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old October 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Ironfist and Skragg fixed for next release.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old October 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM
4) Beserker Sword does not add an extra attack for Frenzy; it would be "permanent" as the sword rules state you can't lose it.
5) Lore Of Beasts: Savage Beast Of Horrors; Strength is misspelled. Yes, I know it is so darn trivial, but I noticed it just now...

Last edited by McTaff; October 6th, 2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added the most trivial of trivial things because I'm a pedantic clown.
McTaff is offline   #50 Reply With Quote