Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Zimrathon

Old May 11th, 2020, 11:43 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know why, once a player has leveled (to say, second) they appear on Stage as their correct level but under their 'PCs and Players->Member-Controlled PCs' they still appear as their 'Level 1, 0XP earned' state.

On the players instance of HLO it appears the same. i.e. if they look at their In Session 'Stage' view they are the correct level, but looking at their 'PCs and Players->My PCs' view it also shows as 'Level 1, 0 XP earned'.

The reason I ask is if I remove them off stage as DM, then re-add, they return to level 1, which is obviously an issue, lol.

Cheers,

Zim
Zimrathon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2020, 10:12 PM
When a character is on the stage, you are operating on a temporary version of that character - a proxy. Changes are persisted back to the underlying PC by resolving a scene.

So if you delete the character from the stage without resolving a scene, you're effectively throwing away all changes that have been made to the character. There are times when this is a good thing, which is why we implemented things this way. We need to do a better job of conveying all of this to users, though.

We've re-thought how all this stuff needs to be presented and orchestrated to eliminate the confusion that some users are encountering. That work is just getting started, so it will be a little bit before it surfaces within the product. In the meantime, the key thing to remember is to resolve scenes to ensure changes made to PCs while on the stage are saved back into the actual underlying PC.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zimrathon

Old May 14th, 2020, 04:47 AM
Thanks Rob, that makes sense with what I've experienced.

Quick question however, If you award xp with a Scene open and then resolve the scene properly (ie don't abandon), should the xp persist?

Cheers
Zimrathon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Everything applied to the character should be persisted back when a scene is resolved. It's an all-or-nothing operation.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old May 17th, 2020, 09:03 PM
@Rob

Ok, so this threw us for a loop. We all leveled up and later found our characters at level 1 and our gear reset. This is in our Fall of Plaguestone game. Note he is not abandoning the scene, just resolving.

So, we did some debugging tonight. The GM "Resolved" the scene after I made XP changes and it reverted my character back still. I did the exact same as a GM as a test and it did NOT do this in my Rise of the Runelords game.

Now, our FoP GM is a Patreon and I am not.
After transferring membership of my character in FoP to the campaign, this no longer happens and any changes are kept and not reverted.

Is this expected behavior? It seems quite odd. Maybe a bug with Patreon campaigns?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2020, 02:30 AM
That sure sounds like a bug. Please create a support ticket for it, but I'll also follow-up directly myself.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote