Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Majinine

Location: The Dead Sea of Sand, where the Damned prey for redemption

Old June 3rd, 2022, 02:02 PM
First of all, I really appreciate the feedback I've been getting on this forum. It's been very valuable.

I have a speedster with a slingshot attack. I want his attack to be +19 to hit with Damage 1. I can get the attack to +18 without issues, but the moment I raise the ranged attack to +19 I get the "Warnings Encountered" error.

This speeder's got a STR of 2 but I haven't created the power to be strength based. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. A +19 ranged attack with Damage 1 should be within Power Level Limitations.

Any ideas appreciated. I've attached a few screen shots for reference.

Also, I can upload the entire character sheet, if that's helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (20.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Attack vs Effect.JPG (410.9 KB, 6 views)
Majinine is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 3rd, 2022, 02:38 PM
Thrown objects would also be +19, with Strength Damaged 2. Why not use Accurate 9 so only that attack gets the bonus?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Majinine

Old June 3rd, 2022, 02:44 PM
The thing is, it's not a STR-based attack, so it should just be Damage 1 (leaving 19 ranks for the attack).

I'm going to look into Accurate though. Thanks!
Majinine is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Majinine

Old June 3rd, 2022, 02:52 PM
Accurate fixed the problem. Thanks!
Majinine is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majinine View Post
The thing is, it's not a STR-based attack, so it should just be Damage 1 (leaving 19 ranks for the attack).

I'm going to look into Accurate though. Thanks!
Does the Warning actually say it's that power? Because I think it is the thrown weapons that's the issue.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Majinine

Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:50 PM
It did say it was that power. When I built the power I'd added a bunch of ranks of Ranged Attack specifically for Slingshot. I think the ranks were also being applied to Throw for some reason. I thought that since I was adding the Ranged Attack Advantage to the specific power itself, it wouldn't influence any other attack, but switching to Accurate dropped my Throw way down (which is fine).
Majinine is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 4th, 2022, 02:43 AM
:-p Probably enough that the problem is solved. But, just for clarification, I was asking, when you click on the warning, does the dialogue that pops up say that the attack that is over caps is the Slingshot Attack? In that case, they do have a bug.

Unfortunately, this product is at a low level of support, and this game system is at a lower level. So, I always like to try the best that I can as a fan to do what I can to make things better.
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Majinine

Old June 4th, 2022, 07:14 AM
Yeah, when I clicked on the warning it said it was the Slingshot attack that had the issue. I think that even though the Ranged Attack Advantage was only supposed to be applied to the Slingshot attack, it somehow affected the Throw attack (making Throw too high), and Hero Lab got confused. I can see how it's a bug. I think generally the Ranged Attack Advantage applies to all Ranged Attacks (but I'm not sure).
Majinine is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 4th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majinine View Post
Yeah, when I clicked on the warning it said it was the Slingshot attack that had the issue. I think that even though the Ranged Attack Advantage was only supposed to be applied to the Slingshot attack, it somehow affected the Throw attack (making Throw too high), and Hero Lab got confused. I can see how it's a bug. I think generally the Ranged Attack Advantage applies to all Ranged Attacks (but I'm not sure).
Correct. And, in fact, it's possible to have powers that add such advantages to a subset, or all attacks.
Duggan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Majinine

Old June 4th, 2022, 10:29 AM
So in this case the Ranged Attack Advantage was applied to a subset (a specific Power) but influenced all ranged attacks instead... hence it being a bug?
Majinine is offline   #10 Reply With Quote