Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Gobrious

Old April 14th, 2022, 08:39 PM
Why is Shield support so garbage for Pathfinder 2E HLO?

Knowing your shield's hardness and HP and tracking it's HP is really important for shield characters in 2E and there's almost no support for it in HLO. It should just be there under your HP or something, I shouldn't have to scroll down and click on the shield's stats, which aren't adjusted for things like Shield Ally.

And you can't even buy shields beyond the basic ones, none of the named shields even exist, for example the Sturdy Shield (Lesser). I have to custom make each special shield, it's crazy and obnoxious. Also there isn't a way to track shield HP in HLO. If you have a shield equipped there should be a shield HP bar added or something.

And what really bothers me is Pathbuilder 2E has all this, you know the free (or one time $5) android app (now has a web app) that a single guy works on. Right under a character's HP is their shield's HP and under that is the Hardness and Broken threshold. And when they are a Champion with Shield ally it shows the adjusted HP and Hardness. And if you don't have a shield, there's nothing there.
Gobrious is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 14th, 2022, 09:57 PM
I agree that there ought to be a way to track Shield HP, but I do see all the named Shields in HLO and have no problem buying a Lesser Sturdy Shield.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 15th, 2022, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobrious View Post
And you can't even buy shields beyond the basic ones, none of the named shields even exist, for example the Sturdy Shield (Lesser).
Things to check:
  • Do you have "Show only mundane items" and "Hide if GM approval needed" unchecked?
  • Is "Validation Levels Shown" set to "Hide Nothing"?
  • Have you expanded "Shields (Specific)" in the list of items?
Armor Panel.png

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2022, 06:32 AM
HP/damage/broken statuses for items is definitely on our list of improvements to make. I am seeing all the shields though, as well as the champion's shield ally being reflected in the stats of the shield in their description (once you've selected the shield with the shield ally ability).
Daniel V is offline   #4 Reply With Quote