Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

il Mozzo!

Old February 6th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Hi moderators!

After updating a datafile and compiled with the ABExport app, I've tried to upload it, and following the official rules here, I've pointed my browser to the official data center here but seams to be off.

Am I doing wrong something? How can I update a new datafile to share it with the community?

Please nock If you are there!

Thank You.
il Mozzo! is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 6th, 2022, 11:40 AM
I have no affiliation with Lone Wolf, and I've never used Army Builder, but based on this 2015 Wayback Machine snapshot, that site is not under Lone Wolf control (probably purposefully to help insulate them from lawsuits), and is run by Robert Lantry. Unfortunately, the provided support email address is for the datafilecentral.com domain, so we can't exactly reach out to him.

It could also be this is a temporary domain loss... said domain is currently for sale.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 6th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Ah, and this is not a new problem, with Rob having gotten out of doing anything with Army Builder as of 2008 when the site was datafilesrus.com (which now goes to a page that looks like it's advertising gambling).
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
il Mozzo!

Old February 6th, 2022, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Ah, and this is not a new problem, with Rob having gotten out of doing anything with Army Builder as of 2008 when the site was datafilesrus.com (which now goes to a page that looks like it's advertising gambling).
Thank You so much, so it’s a server’s issue and not from Wolflair.

Said that I have no idea how to share my datafiles across the official platform.

Anyone could teach me?

Thanks in advance.

Il Mozzo!
il Mozzo! is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 7th, 2022, 02:50 AM
At this point, I'd say email support@wolflair.com. I honestly don't know if they have (or legally can have) a server to pull from, bit they may have his contact info.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Annatar

Old February 22nd, 2022, 10:22 PM
There are several online storage services that can be used.

I use DropBox for the data files that I work on.

Please note that you also have to be set up as maintainer of the relevant data files, in order to update the URL for downloading.
Annatar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
pyzi

Old October 10th, 2022, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
I use DropBox for the data files that I work on.
Annatar,
I wonder if you can help me out with Dropbox file hosting.

I am trying to post my files to Dropbox to share the Frostgrave data file but every time I test it, I get an error saying "not the correct import file type" and when I press the "go to file" it takes me to the Dropbox and downloads manually just fine. Am I posting the file incorrectly or is this the required method for everyone to download the file?

Thanks,
Pyzi
pyzi is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Annatar

Old December 3rd, 2022, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyzi View Post
I am trying to post my files to Dropbox to share the Frostgrave data file but every time I test it, I get an error saying "not the correct import file type" and when I press the "go to file" it takes me to the Dropbox and downloads manually just fine. Am I posting the file incorrectly or is this the required method for everyone to download the file?
I don't have access to the server-side metadata, so I can't be sure.

But when I tested Frostgrave, the file in my download directory looks like this:

Frostgrave2E.abdl=0

That's not correct. The expected file name is simply "Frostgrave2E.ab".

First, the "dl=" part is a query parameter, which means that it needs to follow a question mark ("?") in the URL. That seems to be missing.

Second, the "dl=" part should be set to "1" (download the file automatically) for the "Download URL", but it should be set to "0" for the "Goto URL".

Take a look at the most recent LOTR data files as an example.

Download URL: www.dropbox.com/s/<...>/LOTRSBG5.24.ab?dl=1

Goto URL: www.dropbox.com/s/<...>/LOTRSBG5.24.ab?dl=0
Annatar is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
olddat

Old December 8th, 2022, 04:24 AM
It's not just data files. I've been trying to contact Lonewolf for my license for the last week and a half using the support email and haven't received any reply. I got one on FB but even that was an automated message.
olddat is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 8th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddat View Post
It's not just data files. I've been trying to contact Lonewolf for my license for the last week and a half using the support email and haven't received any reply. I got one on FB but even that was an automated message.
Check your spam filter (if you have one) and if still no luck try sending a direct message to LW through the forum, eg: Ryan F - he's Customer Support.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #10 Reply With Quote