Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Version 4.18 of the Pathfinder files is now available from the automatic updates mechanism in Hero Lab. The Player's Companion: Inner Sea Primer book is now available. You can purchase the "Golarion #1" package from the license menu - "Purchase Data Package".

There are also some bug fixes in this release.

Here's the change list, copied from the FAQ:

New Releases!
  • The Players Companion: Inner Sea Primer is now available. You can purchase it by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu. This is the first book in a new "Golarion #1" package of Player's Companion material, and will eventually contain at least 1-2 other Player's Companion books. The exact books are still to be determined.
Enhancements & Changes
  • -
Bug Fixes
  • The Bard (Detective)'s Eye for Detail ability was being listed with a number of uses.
  • The Boneless Leather armor did not have the base stats of Leather Armor included.
  • The Gnome's Pyromaniac alternate racial trait was not granting its spell-like abilities.
  • The Outlander - Missionary trait from the Shadows Under Sandpoint APG campaign traits was altering Knowledge: Arcana instead of Knowledge: Religion.
  • The Chevalier's Reckless ability was not applying its effects when activated.
  • The Lion, Tiger, Ape, Camel, and Horse companions had fixed space and/or reach values which are incorrect for the companion version (the values would be correct for a normal animal of this type).
  • The Vestment, Druid's had an incorrect price.
  • The Improved Initiative feat was not available as a bonus feat for the Sorcerer's Arcane bloodline.
Data File Authoring
  • -
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old December 17th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I have all of the bundles that are out so far. And if I read it correctly the Campaign Setting bundle includes a future to be decided package called Pathfinder Campaign Setting 5.

Why was the Inner Sea Primer not the first book of that fifth bundle and a whole new section started. It seams to me the Inner Sea Primer should be included in the Campaign Setting packages as there are still empty spots for that package.

Just trying to understand and I look forward to some feedback so I know what to expect. Thanks!

Last edited by Thazar; December 17th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Thazar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 04:47 PM
We now have 6 packages of Player's Companion material and 5 packages of Campaign Setting material available (admittedly, the 5th campaign setting book is waiting on paizo's release of the books that will be in it before it goes on sale outside of the package). We've decided to keep Paizo's two product lines separate in terms of how we offer them because the campaign setting material tends to be more oriented towards GMs (unfortunately, there's the big exception of Seekers of Secrets) and the player's companion line more oriented towards players.

Just a note - we've pretty much decided what books will be in the packages we're planning - we just don't want to annouce those decisions until we're certain of them. That way, we don't plan to include a player's companion book as the third of three books in a package, and after announcing that, find out that it contains as much Hero Lab-enterable content as Adventurer's Armory, rather than the level of content in the rest of Player's Companion series, which tends to be mostly consistent, or that it's like Darkmoon Vale - 2 feats and 2 NPCs.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Will the Inner Sea Primer be a part of a package deal later then? I ask because I didn't see any mention of that so I went ahead and bought the ISP. It'll be a tad upsetting if I find out later I could have saved $5 if I'd waited a little.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old December 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Will the Inner Sea Primer be a part of a package deal later then? I ask because I didn't see any mention of that so I went ahead and bought the ISP. It'll be a tad upsetting if I find out later I could have saved $5 if I'd waited a little.
I was just thinking the same thing...
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old December 17th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Ok, that works. I was thinking the Inner Sea Primer was more of a campaign book, but it did come out in the smaller companion format so I guess that makes sense. Thank you for answering my question.
Thazar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 06:45 PM
We currently do not have any plans to put the Inner Sea Primer into a bundle.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old December 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'm just wondering

Will the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: World Guide—The Inner Sea data package (ze big book expected in march 2011) include all the "stuff" found in the Inner Sea Primer data package?
Meatpuppet is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
We don't have the hardcover to evaluate yet, so we haven't decided anything about how we'll release it yet, but I highly doubt that we'll make a book available two different ways.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote