Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pezmerga

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Wondering if anyone can help with an obstacle I am an encountering!

I am having trouble with an ability that is gained at 3 different levels and that allows one of two choices each time it is granted. (Therefore I need it to show up multiple times on the special tab if a user selects both options eventually)

Here is the ability description.

At 5th level, the Techie becomes adept at creating mastercraft objects. He of she applies the mastercraft ability to one of his or her Craft skills (electronic or mechanical). From this point on, he or she can build mastercraft objects using that skill.

With Craft (electronic), the Techie can build electronic devices. With Craft (mechanical), the Techie can build mechanical devices, including weapons.

On average, it takes twice as long to build a mastercraft object as it does to build an ordinary object of the same type. The cost to build a mastercraft object is equal to the purchase DC for the components (see the appropriate Craft skill description) + the bonus provided by the mastercraft feature. A Techie can add the mastercraft feature to an existing ordinary object by making the Wealth check and then making the Craft check as though he or she were constructing the object from scratch.

In addition to the Wealth check, the Techie must also pay a cost in experience points equal to 25 x his or her Techie level x the bonus provided by the mastercraft feature. The XP must be paid before making the Craft check. If the expenditure of these XP would drop the Techie to below the minimum needed for his or her current level, then the XP can't be paid and the Techie can't use the mastercraft ability until he or she gains enough additional XP to remain at his or her current level after the expenditure is made.

When successfully completed, a mastercraft object provides a +1 bonus to its quality compared to an ordinary object of the same type. All weapons and armor, and certain other types of equipment, such as computers and electronic devices, can be constructed as mastercraft objects.

At 8th level, the Techie can add the mastercraft ability to another Craft skill, or he or she can improve his or her ability in the skill selected at 5th level, so that his or her mastercraft objects provide a +2 bonus.

At 10th level, the Techie adds another +1 bonus to his or her mastercraft ability. If the Techie focuses his or her ability on one Craft skill, his or her mastercraft objects now provide a +3 bonus. If the Techie already has the ability for both Craft skills, he or she chooses which one to improve to a +2 bonus.

The Craft DC for a mastercraft object is the same as for a normal object of the same type, as described in the Craft skill, with the following modification: For a +1 object, add +3 to the Craft DC; for a +2 object, add +5 to the Craft DC; and for a +3 object, add +10 to the Craft DC.

Now If I give the user a drop down box with both choices, I don't know how to check what was chosen at each level...
Is there a way to check what was taken earlier? Would I have to make this 3 different abilities for this to work? The only ability that is similar that I can think of that checks what was taken earlier is favored enemies and I can't see how that is coded.

Last edited by Pezmerga; December 13th, 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Pezmerga is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Right now I just have it showing up 3 times on the special tab like this..

If I chose craft electronics at level 5 and 8 and craft mechanical at level 10
it shows up like:

Mastercraft +1 : Craft: Electronic
Mastercraft +1 : Craft: Electronic
Mastercraft +1 : Craft: Mechanical

I'd like to check what has been chosen so I can have it show up like:
Mastercraft +2 : Craft: Electronic
Mastercraft +1 : Craft: Mechanical

or if all 3 chosen are electronic to show up like:
Mastercraft +3 : Craft: Electronic
Pezmerga is offline   #2 Reply With Quote