Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

silashand

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM
FYI, Rhinoxes only have 3 attacks each and a WS3 (Bull Rhinoxes have WS4 and 4 attacks). The current AB file lists both as having 4 attacks and WS4.

Also, at least when I include them as allies and select a banner, it tells me the magic item points allowance is exceeded even though it is not (war banner is less than the max of 50 pts allowed).

Cheers, Gary
silashand is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 20th, 2007, 02:39 PM
thx, will fix
robert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gonk

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
I think the Rhinox used for the Rhinox Rider and the Scraplauncher are the same entity, because the statlines are the same. The Scraplauncher's Rhinox only has movement 6, however, which is different from the Rhinox Rider's movement of 7.
Gonk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
notmatthew

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
All documented versions of the rhinox riders pdf (From both white dwarf and forge world) have rhinox riders taking up TWO rare slots when fielded by any army other than ogre kingdoms. in army builder any army but brettonians can take the riders as a special and a rare choice. please fix.
notmatthew is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
notmatthew

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
here are the appropriate links:

straight from games workshop
http://ca.games-workshop.com/Communi...noxCavalry.pdf

and the forgeworld(which is written by Phil Kelly...author of the ogre kingdoms army book:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/rhinox.pdf

thanks, hope to hear back soon
notmatthew is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
notmatthew

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
additionally, army builder allows you to field more than one rhinox rider group....non ogre kingdoms armies are limited to one unit of rhinox riders
notmatthew is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
notmatthew

Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
one other thing that i can't find anywhere as 'official' material is the rules allowing ogres to ally with wood elves, high elves, dwarves, and the like. please post a link
notmatthew is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ingo

Old March 24th, 2007, 02:38 AM
If you by "ally" mean that the armies are able to take Ogres as DoW, then it is said in the Ogres' Army Book and here. "From the new Ogre Kingdoms range, Ogre Bulls, Ironguts, Leadbelchers and Maneaters can all be used as Dogs of War units in any army list with the appropriate option." Dwarfs can take DoW, Bretonnians cannot. I guess any army that can take DoW can take Ogres.

If you mean "ally" as in an army of Ogres and an army of Dwarfs fighting together in for example a multiplayer game, then you can at least find a chart in the Border Patrol rules, which can be downloaded here. These rules however are so old that Ogre Kingdoms aren't included... If anyone knows of a more updated chart, then please put a link. Otherwise I guess we just have to use our common sense - or our imagination - when deciding whether to let these armies be allies in a battle or not.
Ingo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
notmatthew

Old March 24th, 2007, 04:50 AM
no i don't mean allies in that sense. i am familiar with DoW but in a tournament at my store there are players claiming that taking allies, meaning taking any rare choice of an allied army, is perfectly legal. for example, an empire player could field a dwarven flame cannon. i can find no documentation on this and i'm quite sure it is not governed by the rules...in fact i believe allies of that form were taken out in 5th edition. that is a rules question at heart though, and can't be solved by army builder BUT

the fact that rhinox riders are supposed to take up TWO rare slots for non-ogre armies can be solved by army builder.
notmatthew is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
notmatthew

Old March 24th, 2007, 04:54 AM
the reason allies came up in the first place is that the way army builder allows you to add ogres is somewhat misleading to beginning players...instead of adding them as a Dogs of War option under allies, they come up as their own faction(they do also come up under DoW). this can mmislead newer players to believe they are fielding an allied ogre contingent and are not bound by the Two rare slot restriction on rhinox ogre riders. thanks, hope the two rare slot bug gets addressed soon. (as at the moment any 2000 point army can include 2 rhinox ogre rider units)
notmatthew is offline   #10 Reply With Quote