Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roadie

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:49 PM
I've been working on putting together the Avowed playtest book for HL - for those who haven't heard of it, it's basically a conversion and enhancement of 3.5's Warlock class - and I've run into a few difficulties trying to get things set up like I want.

Since the class has a couple of damage abilities that can mode-swap from "attack roll and deal damage" to "area effect with Ref to half/negate", I was trying to set these up to display under Weapons (Attacks on a statblock) either way, but I've run into a problem:

In any ability context outside of racial specials (when set on a thing with Helper.WeaponSpec), Helper.NoAttacks only half-works. It will show up as expected in a statblock export, but not on the Weapons tab (e.g. the attack still shows the full set of attack bonuses).

I was also surprised to find that it doesn't work at all if added to an actual weapon thing, and that weapon things have the further weirdness that setting a wFixDamage field without choosing a weapon category works great in the Weapons tab in HL - but then won't export to a statblock!

Does anybody know a workaround for these problems? Of course, I can just list these under Special Attacks on a statblock if I have to, but since an Avowed character is likely to have anywhere from 3 to 12 different damage-centric attacks with a mix of ranges, attack types, full attacks vs single attacks, damage, and other weirdness, it would be really nice to group them all under Attacks and then leave Special Attacks for the attack effects that don't primarily focus on dealing damage.
Roadie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote