Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RickSummon

Old May 9th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I am trying to create the cloistered cleric variant class found in Unearthed Arcana. I copied the cleric into the editor, changed the armor proficiency, Hit Die, BAB, and skill points appropriately, and added the Lore ability (as a bard of the same level.) So far, so good.

Now, the cloistered cleric gets the Knowledge domain as a bonus in addition to his two chosen domains. I don't know how to specify that, so I just changed the number of domains to 3.

When I imported the class into Hero Lab, however, it has no domains or spells to choose from. Since the class adds a few spells to the cleric's class list, I figure I'll have to modify all the appropriate spell entries to add "cloistered cleric" to them. But how do I specify to use the cleric's list of domains? And how can I set up Knowledge as a bonus domain that is always included?
RickSummon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2010, 08:51 AM
In the editor, a few options under "Custom Ability Count", you'll find "Allow Custom Abilities" - you'll need to tell your new class that it has access to the Cleric's custom abilities by selecting Cleric in that list.

There isn't unfortunately a way to pre-select the Knowledge domain (it's a limitation in the way the custom abilities work). What I'd do is to grant 3 domain choices, as you did, then add an eval rule requiring the selection of the Knowledge domain:

(Put this on the Class, in the Eval Rule button on the top left)

Phase: Validation, priority: 5000
Code:

validif (#hasability[cdKnow] <> 0)
Eval Rules are only checked once a thing has been selected, so unlike a pre-req, it won't require you to have selected the Knowledge domain before you select the Cloistered Cleric class. Once you've selected the class, there will be a validation error until the user selects the Knowledge domain.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LordParagon

Old May 14th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Is there a way to limit which domains a cleric has access to choose from? Every one of my faiths are customized, and I would like to have those limitations already built into the HL datafile.
LordParagon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM
The only way to implement that restriction is to make replacement copies of each of the cleric domains, each with pre-reqs to control which faiths it's allowed for. That'd be a lot of effort, I'm afraid. I'd recommend simply verifying that on your player's sheets once they're done.

If you wanted to do it, you can make a copy of a thing in the editor, and while you're choosing which thing to duplicate, note the unique Id that's in parentheses next to the name (like "cdKnow" for the knowledge domain). Enter that Id in the "Replaces Thing Id" box on the center-right of the editor window, give your replacement thing a new unique Id, and then write a pre-req that restricts it to specific faiths (I don't know how you've implemented those faiths so I can't give you any more details on that yet).
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
LordParagon

Old May 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Waaaayyyy to much work. I will stick with option "A". Review/verify the player sheets.

Maybe you could put something in a future build to chose specific domains that the cleric can choose from.
LordParagon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LordParagon

Old May 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I have selected Allowed and Forbidden alignments in the custom cleric class, but all alignments are showing selectable during the character creation process. Is there something I am missing to restrict what can be selected?
LordParagon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Those limits aren't enforced until you select an alignment for your character. Unfortunately, it's not set up to grey out the alignments in the alignment selection dialog.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
karlbadmanners

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
How do I allow the cleric to have access to a domain not normally allowed by his deity without changing the deity data itself? i.e. a cloistered cleric who does not worship a deity of knowledge. Thanks
karlbadmanners is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
As a GM, I'd say the Cloistered Cleric archetype should have a prereq of access to the knowledge domain (which is essentially enforced by not being able to select it among your domains) - cloistered orders aren't formed in a church's heirarchy unless the deity has an affinity for knowledge.

Here's how to fix it: on your test character, select a deity, then go to the develop menu and make sure that the first option, "Enable Data File Debugging" is checked. Now, go back to the develop menu, "Flosting Info Windows", then choose "Show Selection Tags". Find the deity you've selected in the list of options that pops up.

Look at the list of tags on the deity, and see if you can see what determines the domains that deity offers - it's a set of AllowDom.? tags.

Now, go back to the develop menu, "Floating Info Windows", and choose "Show Hero Tags" - you'll see the exact same set of AllowDom.? tags on the hero. So, what you want to do is have your archetype allow a new domain, the same way deities allow domains.

Now to find out what that AllowDom tag is for Knowledge - add the Knowledge Domain to your test character.

Now, right-click that domain, select "Show Debug Tags for XXX", and find the AllowDom tag in that list.

On the archetype, create a new Eval Script. In terms of timing, you'll want to make this pretty early, so use Phase: First, priority: 10000.

All the script needs to do is assign the appropriate tag to the hero:

Code:

perform hero.assign[AllowDom.cdKnow]
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
karlbadmanners

Old January 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and DM input I came to the decision that while very rare amongst the faithful, any lawful deity can have cloistered clerics, just probably only a handful of them exist, and most likely only in one location. For instance this character's deity is Ilmater, this character has spent many years book-keeping, and researching in the very large hospital/library in his home town.
karlbadmanners is offline   #10 Reply With Quote