Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

unforgivn

Old December 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
As the title suggests, I am trying to work the Evangelist PrC from Complete Divine into HL to add to my PFRPG bard (who will eventually have the Divine Bard archetype from Unearthed Arcana applied to him, but that's a battle for another time), but I am not having the easiest time building the thing. I'm pretty sure I have the prereqs coded in correctly based on what I've gleaned from other threads, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to approach coding in the class features.

Would anyone be willing to help me get at least the first one coded in? I do have some programming experience from my college years (Java and C++), so if I can see how the first one is done then I will probably be able to handle the rest myself.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by unforgivn; December 28th, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
unforgivn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 28th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Could you post one of the abilities you need help with here for those who don't have the book handy?
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old December 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evangelist levels stack with bard levels for determining the strength of bardic performance buffs and for determining the number of rounds a bard can perform per day.
unforgivn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Take a look at how the Pathfinder Chronicler prestige class handles the same thing.

(Answer - add the bardic abilities to the class as if the class had those abilities, not worrying about whether bard levels are there or not, and if the character does have both classes, the levels will be added together before figuring out whether the character gets those abilities)
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old December 28th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Take a look at how the Pathfinder Chronicler prestige class handles the same thing.

(Answer - add the bardic abilities to the class as if the class had those abilities, not worrying about whether bard levels are there or not, and if the character does have both classes, the levels will be added together before figuring out whether the character gets those abilities)
Well, that's where it gets dicey, and honestly, the software might not even support features like this with current code (or perhaps my programming rustiness is already showing).

The evangelist class adds to the strength of existing bardic performance abilities and to the number of rounds they can be used per day, but it doesn't give the character access to new bardic performance abilities. For example, if I prestige into evangelist at 6th level after 5 levels of bard, then I should get 2 more rounds per day of bardic performance, but I should not get suggestion.

Thanks for what you've given me so far, though. If I just have to keep track in my head that certain abilities listed as available to the character really aren't there, then that'll be the way it is.
unforgivn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old December 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I managed to create all of the class abilities and add appropriate levels and text descriptions. New bardic performance abilities are unlocking inappropriately, as I feared, but that is acceptable for now. I would like to enable numeric tracking of the caster level and save DC of a couple of the abilities, but I'm satisfied with the results I've gotten this evening.

Thanks again.
unforgivn is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old January 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Revisiting the Evangelist PrC, I've decided to try to add conditions on the bootstrapped bardic performance abilities to check that the hero already has the ability before adding in the copies from Evangelist (to keep the higher level performances from unlocking inappropriately, as mentioned before), but the Condition field doesn't seem to like the #hasability[] function.

Is there a particular way that I need to reference this? Once I get this fixed I will gladly release the class to everyone on the forums, since this is the only remaining issue that I know of.

Thanks.
unforgivn is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old January 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Just an update: I tried an alternate method of implementing the level increase for bardic performances. Instead of bootstrapping all of the powers into the PrC a la Pathfinder Chronicler, I tried to create a generic level 1 ability that would add Evangelist levels to bardic performance powers using a foreach loop the way Rage Prophet handles revelations and whatnot on the Savage Seer ability.

This, unfortunately, also resulted in bardic performance powers being unlocked inappropriately just as my previous attempt had, so no dice so far.
unforgivn is offline   #8 Reply With Quote