Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaimletches View Post
I had that at first but noticed that only one instance of cPwaPathSk would be updated. This was the only way that I found to update all instances.
The assumption is that that thingid is unique. If you bootstrap the same thing multiple times with different tags or fields, you would have multiple.

Is that how you have duplicate things with the same ID?
risner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Class Skills should generally make use of the FirstCopy mechanism - unless it's a wierd case, only one copy of each class skill is active and running its script, so when you need to make a change, you only need to change the one copy.

The search logic that decides whch copy is the FirstCopy is the same as the search logic that decides which thing hero.child[] should transition to if there are multiple choices, so hero.child[] will take you to the only copy that matters.

(The exception to this would be a thing where at each level you get the ability, you add a separate bonus to a new thing - for example, add a new spell known of any level you can currently cast - at each level you get the ability you'd select the level of spells to add for that choice).
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 8th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Here is the description for the ability:
Path Skill: At 4th level, the psychic warrior gains a +2 bonus to one skill associated with a path he is on. Every three levels thereafter, he can choose to increase the bonus to one of his path skills by +2 (to a maximum of +6 for any one path skill). This may be a skill he has already chosen or a new skill associated with a path he is on.
Having the latest copy active makes sense, but in my testing I have a character of a certain level and I work form there. I think once everything is working to my satisfaction, I will return to the previous behavior as it does make more logical sense.

Again, thanks for all the help. And maybe someone can save me the trouble of trying to recall were I saw it.

I am trying to get the hit die of the hero, or total levels, but I think hit die would be more correct. I saw it once, I recall it being a hashtag (macro?), but now that I want to use it, I can't recall where I saw it or locate the reference again.
thaimletches is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
For the ability you're describing, make sure that the "Independant Copies" checkbox is checked in the editor. That will mean that every copy (whose level has been reached) is marked as a FirstCopy, since you need to display each one separately.

For macros, open the help menu in the editor...Help on Using the Editor, then choose the link called "Reference Information" - the macro you're looking for is the first thing on that page.
Mathias is online now   #14 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I found what I was looking for to get the hero's hit die in the half-fiend template, the place I had originally located it. I wasn't sure if #totallevels[] took into account hit die (for monstrous characters) and the feat specified hit die, so I wanted to stay true to its wording.

I will try the 'Independent Copies' checkbox when I return to the psychic warrior. I have taken a break to finish adding the races and psion class. In doing so, I did notice an oddity.

I have the custom field set to three spells (as place holders for now) and they show up, but I see each spell name duplicated in the list. Everything works as expected with the proper spell being removed from usrCandid2 based on the choice in usrCandid1, but I thought I'd ask if this is expected behavior of have I done something wrong/unexpected?

Last question, I've been assigning Hero.Psionic to the classes I've added to facilitate selecting psionic and metapsionic feats. Will I need to remove this once there is proper psionic support or will it be fine to forget about it and only consider removing it in an effort to clean up unnecessary cruft from the files later.
thaimletches is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Did you restrict the spells it's looking for to those from a specific class, or are you looking for every possible spell there is? (there are multiple copies of many spells).

Hero.Psionic is part of the Psioncs mechanics that was never removed, so it'll still be used once the d20 psionics are put back in. So, it's the proper tag to mark a character who's eligible for Psionic feats.
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote