Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nikmal

Old January 8th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I tried to open one of my character profiles for a game I am in and it is telling me that it is an invalid portfolio and that I have to verify that it is a real file.

So basically it is saying that I need to verify and make sure it is a hero Lab file?
Nikmal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 9th, 2011, 09:26 AM
::bump:: I really need an answer to this. I spent a ton of work on this portfolio and to not have it open during a game was more then just inconvenient but it was also terrible for the game as I had to quit for the night and that ticked my players off.
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Maybe try opening the file with a different computer that has HL, or e-mail support?
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2011, 02:27 AM
The last time this happened to me (a friend who put in a weekend building characters for a CON game), the file was corrupt from a bad hard disk and had a 4096 byte chunk of null (hex 0x00) characters in the middle of the file. I loaded the file in a binary editor and deleted the chunk and cleaned up the XML syntax to account for the missing text.

You may have a similar event. In any event, I suspect the file is different than last written by HL and HL is therefore unable to parse it.

Either examine it this way or post it and we can.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 10th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I uploaded the file in to my "Manage Attachments" area but for some reason it does not let me load the file to the window?

It does show the actual file in the manage attachments area but does not let me actually load it in to the window though????
Nikmal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote